Dna Testing

Yeah I have the copies of the certificates for the pups parents and all 4 certificates state CLEAR.

I thought I could get it done with his final vac, then it will save some money on consultation fees.

Yeah I have the copies of the certificates for the pups parents and all 4 certificates state CLEAR.

I thought I could get it done with his final vac, then it will save some money on consultation fees.

If the pups parents are clear ie they don't carry the genes for the disease then your pup will be clear by parentage so there is no need to DNA test.

If you contact GT Laboratories they will send you a kit which you take along to your vet.

The cost for DNA Profiling is $69.95

The cost for Clear by Parentage (disease only) is also $69.95.

In the kit they also send a price list for all the other things they can test for by Breed.

Their email address is: [email protected]

or by phone 1800 822 999

Thanks Stitch, I have their contact details on the parents certificate I will contact them and hopefully they can send the kits to me within the next 3 weeks when my little man is due for his 3rd vac.

Is there a small percentage that my pup could NOT be clear?? Even though the both parents are clear?

If your puppy is from parents that have been DNA tetsed for L2-HGA & HC and they are clear, your puppy WILL be clear. That's the whole idea of testing.

If you want a clear by birth cert, you need to provide the details of the parents chips on the form that is submitted with your sample, so the existing data can be used.

Is your puppy main registered ?

Thanks Stitch, I have their contact details on the parents certificate I will contact them and hopefully they can send the kits to me within the next 3 weeks when my little man is due for his 3rd vac.

Is there a small percentage that my pup could NOT be clear?? Even though the both parents are clear?

There is a VERY VERY small chance that the test results are wrong, eg, someone mixed samples up or a batch was contaminated, and therefore that both parents are not clear. I once used a dog who was tested to carry the (recessive) chocolate gene. He was retested. The second test showed that he did not carry chocolate.

The profiling is more to make sure that the pup is out of the sire and dam that his papers say he is, as they dont retest when they profile

Aparently there have been litters that even the breeders were unaware that the little has 2 sires etc, the profiling showed this up

some professional dog groomers can do swabbing to, providing they are registered with the GT lab, as thats where i get my dogs swabbed, and its free, it you did at vets they would charge you for a consult on top :thumbsup: