Started Agility

I took Banjo to agility training for the first time lastnight. We had so much fun and Banjo was a little star. We have to decide on our left and right voice cues. What do you guys use? My instructor uses freck(short for freckle) and patch because of his dogs face markings which I love. :laugh:

I took Banjo to agility training for the first time lastnight. We had so much fun and Banjo was a little star. We have to decide on our left and right voice cues. What do you guys use? My instructor uses freck(short for freckle) and patch because of his dogs face markings which I love. :laugh:

I'm just teaching 'left' and 'right'.

I'm glad you had a good time - agility is so much fun! :thumbsup:

I am not teaching left and right voice cues.

Actually I am finding I am saying less and less to my dog on course as time goes by - don't have time :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies :thumbsup: . It was the most fun teaching the tunnel. Banjo took the longest to go through but once he'd been through once he was wanting to run through all the time. The other dogs loved the tunnel to.

for us its simply "here" (side im working on) and "out" (the side away) and then "go" (for straight a head)

Jock's pretty good with cues so he generally watches my shoulders.. I need to make sure my whole body is committed to where we go! other wise we have issues!

I know where you train :rofl: Gotta love Tom's cues :rofl:

I use Back for left and Turn for light. I figured I will remember them better than Left and Right :rofl:

ETA: The Kelpie in my profile picture is Banjo as well... he has started his agility training as well, but at only 15 months we are in no rush :rofl:

Edited by mirawee

I use "clock" and "anti".

But to be honest I never use them and am hoping I will never have to use them (as it would mean my dog is running way ahead of me and I am not in a good position to give the usual signals).

Teaching, like ?-smisch-?, "out" and "go" is much more important.