More Sasha Issues

Maybe once a week (that I see), Sasha will have a little vomit. Only frothy spit and sometimes a bit of grass ever come up (sometimes some fur as well if she is shedding badly). Her poo's are still nice and firm, although perhaps once a week they will go a little 'mr whippy' like soft and she will be slow to eat her food (and will turn her nose up to her honey). Yesterday her poo's were a little soft, but today they are nice and firm. She ate her brekky (but wouldnt have honey), and her poo today was nice and firm and formed.

What could cause this? Could it be related to the canine cough (although she hasnt been coughing lately)? She has had this on and off since we got her (approx seven months) but thought after her antibiotics a few weeks ago she was all good - but these frothy vomits still occur occasionally.

Her nose is still cold and wet, her gums a nice colour and she doesnt appear sick and wants to walk still...

Any advice/opinions please?

Thank you!

I read through some old posts that brought up the idea that similar things could happen when the stomach is empty and the stomach acid is irritating? She does generally do it after she hasnt eaten for some time (today after we got home from work about 5pmish) and she hadnt eaten anything since morning. Possibility?

Also, sometimes when her belly is empty (in the mornings before her breakfast - she gets 2 meals a day) it makes very loud stomach rumbling/digestion noises, and on days when it is loud she may not eat her breakfast (but will come good later in the day).

Any ideas please? I'd love to just be able to take her to the vet, but seeing that she makes it impossible right now I only want to take her if it sounds like it could be something serious before putting her through that stress.

You're a good Mum Kelly Louise. :rofl: You worrier.

Yep, empty tum can make them chunder a small thick yellow liquid with a bit of foam. Hmm yum. :rofl:

She sounds quite fit, but you could supplement with Protexin probiotic powder (it populates the gut with good bacteria).

eta: which is specially helpful after antibiotics

link

Edited by Powerlegs

My dogs throw up every now and again, they'll eat grass and throw up froth or sometimes bile, they all do it. Personally it doesn't sound like anything to worry about, if she's shedding and getting a lot of hair in her stomach from licking she may simply be vomiting to eject the hair.

May I ask why you're feeding your dog honey?

Oh yes Miranda - I am giving her Manuka Honey as she had a bout of canine cough. It sure did help soothe her throat. I have cut this back since she has shown improvement to now once a day (small teaspoon).

Apparently it helps boost the immune system and of course helped with her sore throat and coughing.

Thank you both for the advice - sounds like it is nothing serious. She does appear in peak condition, so I was worried maybe I was missing something.

Thanks for the link Powerlegs, I will look into it so she has a more healthy tummy.

Phew, think I can stop worrying now :rofl:

Chloe also does this, so I was assuming it was nothing too out of the ordinary - but with the amount of Chloe's problems you just never know :rofl:

Edited by Kelly_Louise

Oh yes Miranda - I am giving her Manuka Honey as she had a bout of canine cough. It sure did help soothe her throat. I have cut this back since she has shown improvement to now once a day (small teaspoon).

Oh right. I thought it might be some kind of dietary supplement that I didn't know about :rofl: