Congratulations Oonga And Maia

I think i have it ingrained in my brains at the moment LOL

2 handlers with their dog present to the judge.

So for example I went up and because my girl is in season we had a "dummy Dog" meaning a dog who was not competing but just did the routine to make it look like a real trial but they were not judged.

So i shook the judges hand and said Oonga and Maia presenting for BH part A. Judge will check for tattoo ,but as my girl is a Rottweiler she doesn't have the tattoo, Judge then wishes the competitor good luck.

We then went to a designated spot. The judge gave a signal for me to take leash off my dog and put her into a drop, for her long down.

I then walk away at least 30 paces, to the blind but still in sight with my back to the dog... the blind had been blown over several times.

The other dog then performed their routine.

Then it is our turn to do the routine while the other dog does a long down.

So you have your starting point marked out.This part is on leash. Set your dog up into a heel position. Once you look at judge is when you are being judged. Judge signals you to go ahead with the routine.

50 paces straight heeling, left about turn, 10 to 15 paces normal heeling, 10 - 15 paces fast heeling, 10 - 15 paces slow heeling, 10 0 15 paces normal heeling,

right turn, 15 - 20 paces normal heeling, right turn 15 - 20 paces normal heeling

left bout turn, about 8 paces normal heeling halt.

judge signals to continue you take about another 8 paces normal heeling which brings you in line to your starting point although further to the side,

left turn then continue to a group of 4 people to do a figure 8 with a halt.

Signal from judge you heel out of the group left about turn halt. End of exercise.

The judge then signals you to take leash off, which you can either put in your pocket or around your body.

Then the rest is off leash.

Figure 8 around the group of people again. Halt.

on signal from the judge you heel off back to the starting point of the routine, not forgetting to thank the crowd.

You then do the routine i described above but off leash.

Back to starting point.

Sit on the move. So 10 to 15 paces heeling SIT, handler takes 30 paces away, turns to face the dog, on signal from the judge handler returns to the dog to resume heel position.

End of exercise.

Back to starting point.

Drop on the move with recall. 10 to 15 paces heeling DROP, handler takes 30 paces away turns to face the dog. On signal from the judge handler recalls dog to a formal recall. Then dog is commanded into heel position.

End of exercise. Hopefully a Pass for Part A :thumbsup:

When i say 10 to 15 paces it means no less than 10 but no more than 15.

You are permitted to command heel at the start of the exercise and at the change of paces. Also when you take off from your halt at the end of the routine, after your figure 8 when you have done a halt the heel command is given before taking off.

Then for BH part B that is a basic traffic test and i guess a temperament test. The dog is heeling loosely, not a formal obedience heel. you walk past cars driving, a bike rides past with dog between bike and handler rings their bike bell, then rides back again. A person jogging does the same obviously no bell LOL a person shuts the car door, starts up the engine, calls out to handler. There is a group of at least 6 people in a circle dog and handler walk through the crowd or people and then walk back into the group. Sit in the middle. Crowd gets very close in. Judge will tell handler to drop the dog. Some judges tell handler to walk out with the dog, others tell handler to walk out and then recall the dog. Dog is tied up to a pole. Handler goes out of site, a person walks past with a dog, dog must not show aggression or pull/ strain on the leash towards the other dog.

At the end of Part A and Part B the dogs are given a critique of what needs improving and what was done well. Some judges give very detailed critiques with suggestions or tips for improvement. That is the case for all competitors whether it be BH, SchH1, 2 or 3. At the conclusion of the routine the 2 handlers and their dogs return to where the spectators are, the judge will add up their scores etc, return to the group and give an individual critique for each dog individually. All the spectators tend to gather around, I think its great because it gives people a chance to learn from others :laugh:

Lablover she was day 17.

In Schutzhund Bitches in season are permitted to trial provided they do everything last.

If there are several bitches in season then handlers sort out amongst themselves what order they are worked in.

Although there may be some sort of a procedure for that I am not sure :)

We also continue with training as per normal when bitches are in season.

I have been training with a friend and her entire male the whole time at KCC park during the week.

Partly to help her with desensitizing her male to being able to work with bitches in season and partly to keep up with my training :rofl:

When my girl is in season I do let the other owners with males at the club know that she is in season, just so they are aware :rofl:

Although she did walk out next to one of the entire male Mals to do a pretend presentation to the judge the week prior to the trial.

I don't think in work mode JJ even noticed that she was in season :rofl:

As for her even though she was flagging for everyone and everything when in release mode ( Just ask poor Shoemonster :rofl: )

I don't think when she was heeling out she realised he was a male let alone entire :rofl:

hmmmm I was thinking about the whole In season thing Lablover.

I was thinking how perhaps because in Schutzhund there are only about 2 or 3 trials a year that they are permitted to trial???

But then I am pretty sure that overseas where Schutzhund Trials are as common as our ANKC trials bitches in season are also permitted to trial??

Not sure on that and we can ask on saturday because it is interesting.

I am pretty sure that I heard somewhere that Uta Bindel's trialed her bitch in season and I believe won at the World Champions??

Again we will have to ask her on saturday :rofl:

You have me thinking of why the difference and I honestly don't know :)

Good for you. Some bitches can have a poorer training attitude during their seasons. Mind you, some peak - working wise - a couple of weeks after their seasons.

Makes sense that your friend with the entire male, used her as a distraction.

Dogs are fun++++, when they are focused.

Yes Lablover i know what you mean about changes in the girls when in season :)

Days before the trial she forgot how to drop!!! I had let her have some free time cuddling Shoemonster and Mr Shoemonster and once i wanted to get her to work again she didn't know how to drop anymore!! She was SOOO focused on Shoemonster that she would sit or go into heel when told to drop :rofl:

I ended up taking her further away from that distractions :rofl:

She then dropped fast again and we kept randomly dropping back towards shoey which she continued to do successfully even next to her :rofl:

Yes Lablover i know what you mean about changes in the girls when in season :thumbsup:

Days before the trial she forgot how to drop!!! I had let her have some free time cuddling Shoemonster and Mr Shoemonster and once i wanted to get her to work again she didn't know how to drop anymore!! She was SOOO focused on Shoemonster that she would sit or go into heel when told to drop :rofl:

I ended up taking her further away from that distractions :rofl:

She then dropped fast again and we kept randomly dropping back towards shoey which she continued to do successfully even next to her :love:

Not the first time our dogs can be a little off at training, but during competition behave. Or vice-versa - I have a perfect example of VV dog. Yank!!! A real high desire boy. Some call him insane, I just call him keen.