Nvbk Belgian Ringsport Video

The control over the dog was amazing.

I was at the Easter Show just recently ( an annual agricultural show held in Sydney for you, Mike ) and had just come from chatting to the Belgium Shepherd dog owners in the dog showing area. They were talking about how good the dogs were seen to be overseas, specially the Malinois in regards to Schutzhund.

When I went back to the main arena they had a army display of ?Schutzhund. There was a German Shepherd, a Malinios and a black Belgium Shepherd. I had never seen this sort of work before and the drive the dogs had was good. The audience was impressed by the dogs but I noticed the dogs did not release on command. These dogs were physically removed from the man in the suit. I know this is not the way it is suposed to go? and just goes to show how difficult it is to successfully train these dogs.

I particularly was impressed by the dog under the obstacle? when being very liberally sprayed with water.

Thanks for that clip.

I was at the Easter Show just recently ( an annual agricultural show held in Sydney for you, Mike ) and had just come from chatting to the Belgium Shepherd dog owners in the dog showing area. They were talking about how good the dogs were seen to be overseas, specially the Malinois in regards to Schutzhund.

When I went back to the main arena they had a army display of ?Schutzhund. There was a German Shepherd, a Malinios and a black Belgium Shepherd. I had never seen this sort of work before and the drive the dogs had was good. The audience was impressed by the dogs but I noticed the dogs did not release on command. These dogs were physically removed from the man in the suit. I know this is not the way it is suposed to go? and just goes to show how difficult it is to successfully train these dogs.

I particularly was impressed by the dog under the obstacle? when being very liberally sprayed with water.

Thanks for that clip.

These dogs are not generally aloof.

You get back what you put in. belgians are a fantastic breed.

Schutzhund is a sport, the police or army train for catching actual bad guys. If the dog has apprehended a real felon, then they need to hold him till the police restrain the person. It is just different training , rather than bad training.

Thanks tmc. Clearer now. They certainly held the "felon". At one stage the guy in the body suit had a dog on each arm and was spread on the ground between them.

The guys were in camouflage greens so I assumed the army. Maybe police.

Chewbacca, when I said the dogs were "physically removed" I meant that they do not release the felon on command. One dog was dragged off the felon with a lot of difficulty. Funny, I didn't get yorur comment on the dogs being "aloof" at first.

Wow!Absolutely brilliant!Superb stuff!

Hey is that the same as schutzhund or totally different?

Hi, it's totally different, there's much more variation

and biting is done on a complete suit..

Regards

Mike

Oh thanks Mike :p

Thanks for that clip.

Skip, the army didn't have a display there, it may have been the airforce, and plus the defence force doesn't train in Schutzhund, its the total opposite, Schutzhund is more a equipment related sport, where the defence force trains the dogs to directly attack.

The Army dogs and the Airforce dogs are trained in different ways, different school and instructors. The army recruits their dogs from respectable breeders and the Airforce has a breeding program where only a small percentage of dogs pass.