Ed Video

Just posted a link to this for LP in Mollys thread but then decided Ed deserves his own thread, have been doing K9 Forces drive training with himf, and he is doing really well

Ed is amazing Shoemonster!! I am doing TID with Daisy too, we are also doing food drive ;) I hope she can be as good as Ed one day!! What a spunky fellow!

;) Thank you!

He is a good boy, and I'm very very proud of how far we've come with TID, with food. We're getting pretty close to going back to trialling, its more me than anything, I get so so nervous!

I can't imagine how nerve wracking trialling would be :o But I'm sure you will both do very well, you've got Ed working with amazing focus.

Edited by huski

I even found rescue remedy pastilles, which are ace, but the fear is stronger :o

Just got to get his feet still on that stand for exam, what he did in the vid he does even with no video camera in his face, lifts the foot up as the judge comes, then lifts it again as I come around him. He does the same in a sit only we dont lose points for that ;)

Edited by shoemonster

WOW!! That was incredible to watch! :laugh: I wanna learn more about the training in drive stuff but don't really know where to start :thumbsup: Seeing how well you're doing makes me wanna try another approach with Ruby! Though we had a good short session at the park today, I still can't maintain focus as long as you were getting as everything is always so much more interesting. Mine lasts in 10 seconds bursts if I'm lucky :provoke: She really struggles with not being distracted by outside things. I can see her trying so hard sometimes but the temptation to look away is just too strong an urge :nahnah: :rofl:

That's cool!

I watched the hop at :28 a few times before I realised what was going on!

:laugh:

I saw that, was something in particular happening to make him do that? I missed it then :scold:

Thanks everyone! :laugh:

I've told Ed he is a star but all he cares about that he doesnt want to go out in the rain so I can go to work!

The drive is great for building confidence, just be prepared to have a bit of a nutcase for a while cos they go back to basics first then all the obedience comes back in as you go!

The 28 second hop was a treat being thrown for him, he was a bit laggy on his turns, so just getting him to come around a bit quicker by surprising him every now and then

Rubystar read the drive training thread pionned at the top of training (I think its pinned otherwise stalk K9Forces threads and you'll find it) TID with food is fairly similar but I reccomend doing the prgram with him and then you get to bombard him with questions and get all the feedback you need

Tiggy, glad to motivate another stafford!!! There needs to be more of us out there in the rings showing how good our little buggers can be!

Clover, hehe thank you! You get to see his good and evil side in person (the chip monster!)

Yeah I love it too, love watching the dogs that look like they are having a good time, all excited, and especially love watching Eds vids now, cos when we started he was very unsure, and not confident at all, he found obedience a drag, now its just all exciting

Would love to see how he would go with an experienced handler, just to see which parts of what he does are a result of me

Yeah I love it too, love watching the dogs that look like they are having a good time, all excited, and especially love watching Eds vids now, cos when we started he was very unsure, and not confident at all, he found obedience a drag, now its just all exciting

Would love to see how he would go with an experienced handler, just to see which parts of what he does are a result of me

That is exactly the problem I had with Daisy :thumbsup: She was moving up in obedience and was doing ok, but she didn't have that 'wow!' factor and I could tell her heart wasn't in it. Ed's enthusiasm is exactly what we are aiming for :rofl:

Thank you :cool:

He did well tonight, he had someone pick up his reward and call him to them, and he still stayed with me, and though he lost a little focus, he did really well, better than I was expecting (ye of little faith! :thumbsup:)

ETA I still havent met Dexter, he looks like such a gorgeous boy

Edited by shoemonster