Molly Retrieve Vid

Quick vid of Molly's retrieve for Novice, she's going really well with it, any comments or constructive critisism welcome (and yep I porbably shouldnt laugh at my own throw in the ring either!)

Beautiful!

Fast out, fast back with nice pick up.

Well done :(

Thanks guys :rofl:

In novice you return around the dog (dunno why, it seems stupid when in the recall they finish) and then anywhere up from novice the dog has to finish

ETA she's come a long way from the dog who snapped her dumbell in half when we first started :(

Edited by shoemonster

Thanks guys :rofl:

In novice you return around the dog (dunno why, it seems stupid when in the recall they finish) and then anywhere up from novice the dog has to finish

ETA she's come a long way from the dog who snapped her dumbell in half when we first started :(

Thanks - I didn't know that - I've taught Barkly to finish.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

ETA she's come a long way from the dog who snapped her dumbell in half when we first started :laugh:

Really? I really need to go read my rules then :) I was convinced that you only return to the dog in CCD (obviously no dumbell there though), and then it's always a finish (return to heel) for higher levels. Off to read me thinks!

The video is great! She does a nice retrieve and has great focus on you :dropjaw:

:thumbsup: who woulda thought from the dog that Jules and LP first met years ago!

Luvs dogs, I've chanelled her evil into angel :worship:

I've worked heaps on focus, and doodling around with heeling, 2 steps forward, turn, about turn, with throwing treats, and rewarding for eye contact

She is a bit of a dag and sometimes gets very enthusiastic doing somersaults to get into heel etc

Laffi, I guess the flyball helped with the retrieve, as once I had her holding it steady I would rev her up before I asked her to fetch, and now she is very enthusiastic to get it. She has her slower moments as well, but is generally pretty happy to run out and grab it

LP, not yet! Got to get it consistent first (and yes I'm good at excuses! :walkdog: )