Vaccanations/micro-chipping

There's Microchipping courses able to be done in NSW, but I do believe the chipping must be done under Veterinarian Supervision.

You can't buy Dog Vaccine (only BB inj & Parvo inj) online like you can for cats, so I believe this MUST be done by a Vet only.

Cheers!

-WithEverythingIAm

There's Microchipping courses able to be done in NSW, but I do believe the chipping must be done under Veterinarian Supervision.

You can't buy Dog Vaccine (only BB inj & Parvo inj) online like you can for cats, so I believe this MUST be done by a Vet only.

Cheers!

-WithEverythingIAm

Thanks for the info

I looked into micro-chipping at one stage. A bit foggy on details with the time that has gone by, but in essence :

• There was a 1 or 2 day course I had to undertake. Had nothing to do with the "how to's" of implanting the chips, but soley to do with the technical side of recording the chip information.
  • Had to be taught via a Veterinary Clinic how to give the needles.
  • Had to be in the employ of a Vet Clinic - not necessarily full time.

Edited by Erny

There has been a legislation change in Victoria.

Only Cert IV nurses and Council Rangers etc. Can chip now and must undertake the course (which also includes video on correct implantation) and complete it to get an implanter ID.

NSW/QLD are a bit different, but I believe there will be changes in the future.

Vaccination – vets only.

Microchipping, currently in QLD is a bit hard to define. I have had the run around by a few organisations in trying to find this out! I am a qualified veterinary nurse, and due to the impending regulations on animals here in QLD requiring Microchipping we are trying to get our nurses accredited. Last I heard when I spoke to the AIRC (Animal Industries Resource Centre) they will have courses set up soon but it will be clearer once the regulations are put into place.