R I P Shilifie...

persephone

Today, my auntie had her little old companion put down.

Shilfie was 14.

She was blind, and had kidney problems.

As a pup she was a bit of a terror terrier.. a cheeky cairn, with twinkly eyes, and a busy black nose :rofl:

My auntie has never been into understanding dogs.... and there were often many problems.

Shilfie took it all in her stride- she may have been a runaway... but only to where there was fun and company .

She may have been fidgety to groom... it hurt when the wrong tools were used.

She was called disobedient..... well.. she was a lot of the time-but incessant repetition and bad timing will do that! :)

At obedience school they both enjoyed it in their own fashion... didn't progress far, or quickly, but it was a much needed outing for them both :thumbsup:

Moving to the small unit with tiny yard was a trial at first... not many walks, and no company made for a wriggly and noisy dog....... this did settle with age....

The two of them... both fairly deaf and sturdily built would toddle around on short walks.. and then retire, to sit in the sun and think on other times.

In the past 18 months, Shilfie got quite ill, and wasn't the sparky little girl we all loved...Auntie too had her problems.. but "good Morning, Dog" was one of her bright spots every day .

Now that's over.

A tiny unit, a grumpy old lady.. a miniscule lawn which now will grow evenly, and without holes under the shadehouse roof.

A sad old lady.. with no one to shout at.. and no one to rip up the tissues dropped near the bin.

Run happily across the bridge little girl........

:laugh: So sad for your auntie.

What a little character Shilifie sounded.

we have a few oldies who shuffle round here with their little old dogs, its hard to imagine them without their cranky scruffy little mates. I hope your auntie will not be too lonely.

fifi