Double Dosage Of Worm Tablets?

I've been so busy lately, I can't remember if I gave our dog her worm tablet a few weeks ago! If I was to give another one, would there be any cause for concern?

We are using Drontal chewables, the ones that treat 35kg and our dog is about 32kg and she's 18mths old.

Normally I make a note of when we dose her, but can't find any record this time around.

I've been so busy lately, I can't remember if I gave our dog her worm tablet a few weeks ago! If I was to give another one, would there be any cause for concern?

No, it will be ok if you worm her again.

I wormed 1 of our dogs twice in 1 day :thumbsup: . She snatched her brothers dose out of my hand as it was wrapped in mince. She had no adverse effects, not even the runs. :laugh:

i sedated the wrong dog once :cheers: i dropped the tablet and kaos got it, was a very boring night with both my dogs knocked out! :cheer:

I don't worm my dog on the regular routine that most do. In your instance though, if my dog didn't look wormy and I had no reason to suspect worms, I wouldn't worry if I missed one worming. IMO, that's better than giving more than is necessary.

ETA: Oops! I see she's already received the tablet.

Edited by Erny

I wormed 1 of our dogs twice in 1 day :) . She snatched her brothers dose out of my hand as it was wrapped in mince. She had no adverse effects, not even the runs. :eek:

i sedated the wrong dog once :) i dropped the tablet and kaos got it, was a very boring night with both my dogs knocked out! :eek:

:rofl::thumbsup: