Show Ring F A Q

Keshwar

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to add to the clothing topic. This is what happens when you have a multi coloured dog.

The amazing headless Afghan hound Baby. :rofl:

4384574246_428c4f8c3f.jpg

Black pants work great for his body but his head disappears on the move. :o

Possibly a very silly question: if I'm sending 2 entries to the same address but for different KCs, do I put them in different envelopes or is it good enough to have the forms and cheques separate? No big deal just wondering..

If they're the same address, provided you have put in separate cheques and SSAEs, then they should be ok in the one envelope. BUT...always, if in doubt about anything to do with the show it doesn't hurt to ring the secretary and hear from them personally what they would prefer.

I try to fold my entries for multiple day shows inside the appropriate SSAE so that they are clearly entries for different shows IYKWIM.

Are cheques and money orders the only way to pay for show entry? It is really annoying! I have ordered a chequebook (I've never had one before) but it won't be here for 2 weeks and money orders are an expensive way to pay for $10.50 worth of show entries! It'd be sweet if show societies could let you direct debit but I suppose that's not do-able...?

Are cheques and money orders the only way to pay for show entry? It is really annoying! I have ordered a chequebook (I've never had one before) but it won't be here for 2 weeks and money orders are an expensive way to pay for $10.50 worth of show entries! It'd be sweet if show societies could let you direct debit but I suppose that's not do-able...?

Shows on Ozentries allow you to pay by credit card but I gather not too many Qld shows are listed there.

My chequebook is pretty much used only for shows...

Yes I don't see a credit card entry area, it's not a big deal, I should stop whinging. The chequebook will make things lots easier, I just have to enter for The Caves show before it arrives so I'll grab a money order.

Speaking of which, do I put "The Caves P & A Society" if that's who's running the show on the Payee part? Sounds stupid but I want to make sure I get it right :shrug:

ETA Also, if it says "SAE for passes", do I have to put in an SAE or is that just for people who want their passes ahead of time?

Edited by FranCQ

Yes I don't see a credit card entry area, it's not a big deal, I should stop whinging. The chequebook will make things lots easier, I just have to enter for The Caves show before it arrives so I'll grab a money order.

Speaking of which, do I put "The Caves P & A Society" if that's who's running the show on the Payee part? Sounds stupid but I want to make sure I get it right :)

ETA Also, if it says "SAE for passes", do I have to put in an SAE or is that just for people who want their passes ahead of time?

There should be a statement on the schedule about who to make cheques payable to.

My guess is they are talking about passes to enter the grounds. So yes you will need to put in an SAE if you want to go on the grounds. :mad

Hey Valley it did work!! :rainbowbridge: (the video i mean - thought it didn't work!)

Yes I completely forgot to tell you! I got home and was going to watch in Group and you had filmed him in the ring, then pressed stop, then pressed again and started recording straight after!

• 2 weeks later...

Q1 - when it comes to ...... & progeny, I presume it's a case of only one of their progeny in the ring not multiple? if so, does anyone ever enter multiple progeny as seperate entries?

Q2 - when paying with cheques, does the account you use have to be in the name of the person entering? eg: would a cheque from a non-member spouse be acceptable?

Q1 - when it comes to ...... & progeny, I presume it's a case of only one of their progeny in the ring not multiple? if so, does anyone ever enter multiple progeny as seperate entries?

Q2 - when paying with cheques, does the account you use have to be in the name of the person entering? eg: would a cheque from a non-member spouse be acceptable?

& progeny is often an individual thing dictated by the club. Best thing is to have a really good squizz at the schedule and if it doesn't say how many, give the secretary a call. Also, unless specified, you may not need to actually name the progeny on an entry form. I can't say for sure with all breeds, but at most American Cocker Specialties, it was quite common for owners of a sire or dam's progeny to be approached by the owner of sire or dam on the day to ask if they would go in the class with them. I think as long as the progeny are already entered in the show on the day, that is usually sufficient.

When paying by cheque, as long as the cheque is in there, there is money in the bank and the entry details are complete, that is really all that matters.

I'm pretty sure that I have seen somewhere what all the letters in front of a dogs name mean but I can't find it now.

Can someone please tell me what MBISS means please.

Multi Best In Specialty Show

You might also so SBIS = Specialty Best In Show

BISS MBISS, BIS in front of the names aren't official titles, mind... just something to add to non-official adverts etc to show that your dog has won at specialty or all breeds level...

Official titles are Dual Ch, Ch and Gr Ch... i cna't think of anymore... but there probably are from other disciplines...

Edited by SparkyTansy

• Troy unpinned this topic