Beagle Problems

Any ideas for a fencing system? My hubby will probably want to make one, he is a tradie and loves to make things and will save some money as well.

Just worried, that if he is like this now with not getting enough attention, what is he going to be like once bubs is here? I don't even want to think about it :thumbsup:

He sounds like 80% of the beagles I get in the boarding kennel. So cute. But rotten hole diggers (small holes all over the place) who run away when called and . . .#$@!$# beagles. Reputation for naughtiness well deserved. Attention/exercise demand seems to be 24/7. If I owned one I'd be inclined to use an e-collar. As for fencing. Weldmesh perimeter if you can afford it or get scraps . . . for that matter . . . dig in 200+ mm trash quality zincalume around the perimeter . . . it should do the trick. Alternative, pour a concrete path around the border of your fence. You probably want 500 mm or more width. Otherwise, electric fence. Or make friends with the neighbours and build a gate into your fence.

Edited by sandgrubber

Hi Dedrei

I would go with an electric fence also. We had a bitch that was an escape artist and it certainly fixed her (LOL). We have also had another breeder friend borrow it and it worked for her girl too.

Good luck!