Pac Members & Barking

Hello I have 5 dogs, one Pomeranian and 4 Foxies boy do my fur babies bark.

They bark at birds, my hubbys dogs that are not far from them.

all day bark bark bark.

Now collars so far will not work, the ones that work for sound will set off other collars, so i wont go there plus i dont want to zap them. the vibrating ones i have tried, didnt work.

Im feeling annoyed they have a huge area to run in. They are very spoilt, with toys. Out door exercise gyms, tunnels all sorts bones etc...

I have done it all to fill boredom.

I just feel that they enjoy barking at things.

If any one has any ideas on how i can controll this please let me know.

collars are usually set of by the vibration in a dogs throat and hence wont be set off by outside influences. You can find the main 'ring leader' and put a collar on those to quieten the whole pack. The static collars will not 'shock' the dog they simply cause a little muscle contraction in the neck area a little like a poke (I have tried them on myself :rofl:) and they work quite quickly. Dummy collars can be put on the dogs to trick them to stop barking too.

Many things cause barking - boredom, territoriality, prey drive - and you have a prey driven breed! I would rotate their toys, get out there in the yard and play fetch for a while to really wear them out. You can also put up a fake owl in the trees or on the roof to keep the birds away. Hang toys up on bungee cords so they are more 'dynamic' for the dogs. THere are also balls that make barking noises, animal noises and even ones you can record your own voice, made by Prestige Pet which keep the dogs interested.