Puppy And Children

Well we have children at home that puppy is around and does behave as well as a puppy can (7 months old bulldog x). But when we get to school in the morning to drop my children off there is always about 2-4 children waiting to give "peaches" the puppy a pat. I make sure they calmly aproach her and I make sure she is as calm as possible and sitting down!!! but she gets so exicited and trys to role on her back. Am Im doing the right thing ??

again teach in incriments. I would get the kids to walk away as soon as she misbehaves or throws herself off the ground. I rope kids into helping and they love the fact they are little 'trainers' :o

when she is calm, praise her. If she starts getting too excited get the kids to walk away or simply turn their back on her until she is calmer. Praise for calm behavior and dont let the kids run around yelling or playing as it simply excites her more.

Food is especially good for this, and no breakfast first. You can really hold a dogs attention with a treat if its hungry!