Shooting In Raw

Kirislin

I've finally switched my camera over to try RAW, it's only taken me a year. I see I had the option of shooting in both RAW and whatever it is I've been shooting in all this time. What would be the benefit of shooting in both at the same time as you have to convert RAW anyway?

BTW I think I found it clearer, I've only kept one pic of the 6 or so I took but it's pretty clear and sharp.

Not really sure what I was doing to adjust it and convert, :D I just bumbled along.

We shoot in both modes at weddings when we are doing a slideshow on the night of the wedding.

We have about 45 minutes to edit photos and create a slideshow to present at the reception. It would take way too long to do this with raw images so we use medium size jpgs for the slideshow and keep the raw images for our proper editing that happens back in the studio.

I've pdf'd a RAW conversion help guide before to someone, I'm sure I still have it. I can send it to you, it guides you through the sliders and what they do. What version of Photoshop or Elements do you have as Adobe has updates on their website sometimes.

I've pdf'd a RAW conversion help guide before to someone, I'm sure I still have it. I can send it to you, it guides you through the sliders and what they do. What version of Photoshop or Elements do you have as Adobe has updates on their website sometimes.

I dont have any of those programs, :D just what comes with Canon.

I know the one. I have it at home so I'll have a look and let you know what each slider does if you like. Just can't remember off the top of my head but I know it's still loaded onto the home computer.

Edited by Ripley

I know the one. I have it at home so I'll have a look and let you know what each slider does if you like. Just can't remember off the top of my head but I know it's still loaded onto the home computer.

thanks!

We have about 45 minutes to edit photos and create a slideshow to present at the reception.

:rofl::rofl:

When I was switching to raw I shot in both, but all it did was use up extra space and I ended up trashing my jpegs. I love RAW and the control you get over your images. :laugh: