Cheap Agility Poles?

I found this website, while it was for people stuff I am wondering if these poles will be a cheaper alternative to buying dog agility poles from other sources

http://www.universalselfdefence.com.au/pro...ity_poles/466/1

in that page is $19.95 per pole so $119.7 for 6

however

http://www.universalselfdefence.com.au/pro...s_2_piece/469/1

on this one you spend 29.95 for 2 poles which for each pole is $14.97 for each pole, which makes buying 6 $89.85

What do you think?

"*High grade spring system on bottom snaps pole back into place"

I would want to know what that spring is about before I looked at them more. Most competition weave poles I have seen are not sprung. In fact I have only seen one set of agility competition weaves which were "sprung" and a lot of dogs (particularly the hard driving dogs) refused to complete the full set as they were literally flicking back into the dog.

• 1 month later...

After looking at the second site and reading about the poles my understanding is that it is one pole in two peices, one a metre long and the other 80cm to be joined to make a 1.8mt pole.

It might be cheaper to look at the weavers brought out by Kramer. Can't remember what I paid for mine but I got 12 poles in a carry bag, the only trouble is the spikes bend after a bit but they are still better than nothing. When I first started I used poles for electic fencing which were not long so it was easier to reach over them if need be, they had the spike in the end so were easy to insert in the ground. They cost under $4 each from a stockfeedist. Another option is to get some plastic pipiing and make your own. If you go to Chinaroads Lowchens website they have a section on making agility equipment that my be useful.

If you want a cheap set of poles, buy 12 tomato stakes or electric fencing poles, 12 x 1 m pieces of PVC piping and an piece of string. Mark the string every 60cm with a texta for 12 marks. Then put a loop at each end. If you peg the string out, you can hammer in your supports and poles quickly and then remove the string. :thumbsup: