2009 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not to worry Sally, I'm sure you guys still did great :driving: Hope Ness feels better soon as it sounds like she is feeling a bit not like herself. You're braver than I, don't think I'd ever enter a Royal, sounds awfully hard! :driving:

Hope Ness feels better soon Sally, there must be some thing going arond, a friend's dog caught a virus a couple of weeks ago, he's gettiing better now. Don't be afraid to enter a Royal RubyStar, just get out there & enjoy being with your dog, they can't shoot you for not passing :p, I might give it a go next year :laugh:.

Not sure its called brave RubyStar - not like I had any choice really, been hanging around a certain somebody too long :driving: . I do as I am told these days and there is no point in questioning them cos you know they will always end up convincing you anyway so you best just save your effort for more important things :p .

Hi Guys

Just got back from the Royal competing in both obedience and agility. My border collie passed in open with a score of 183 and second place(would have got a higher score but we moved 3 feet and did dead dog in drop stay lost 5 points for the stay and 3 points for the stand) My young coolie Gabby that has just turned 2 competed in both open and novice agility and jumping. Unfortunately in open agility she jumped out of the weavers and in the novice agility I was concentrating so hard on the weavers I forgot to use my shoulder to direct her to the tunnel and she jumped a jump instead oops. but tonight we both got our acts together and won both open jumping and novice jumping. She done the open jumping in 25 seconds with a 39 second course and novice in 16 seconds that was 36 seconds. I'm so proud of her. :laugh:

cheers

Danni

huge brag for myself today. I haven't entered the rings really since about Feb this year, with about two or three agility trials here and there - not much to really call home about :laugh:.

Today we entered a trial at long last and walked away with FOUR passes between the two dogs.

Leo picked up 2 ADX passes with a first and second place, requiring only one more to gain his title.

Kinta picked up 2 AD passes with a first and second place, requiring only one more for her title!

their other runs were NQs mainly due to one clipped bar.

I couldn't be more happy with them :laugh:

Needless to say - some of my training friends told me I need to trial more often if the dogs are going to run like that - while others told me to go away and stop hogging all the passes :laugh:

Edited by leopuppy04

huge brag for myself today. I haven't entered the rings really since about Feb this year, with about two or three agility trials here and there - not much to really call home about :cry:.

Today we entered a trial at long last and walked away with FOUR passes between the two dogs.

Leo picked up 2 ADX passes with a first and second place, requiring only one more to gain his title.

Kinta picked up 2 AD passes with a first and second place, requiring only one more for her title!

their other runs were NQs mainly due to one clipped bar.

I couldn't be more happy with them :laugh:

Needless to say - some of my training friends told me I need to trial more often if the dogs are going to run like that - while others told me to go away and stop hogging all the passes :laugh:

Yee har well done Leopuppy - 4 passes - I will drink to that :p

Now we need to get you back into the obedience ring :laugh:

We had a fun day today :( (actually, every day is fun when you live with a Dally :o )

Hastings Obedience Club had a members comp - Zig worked really well for me to pick up 1st in Novice Obedience and Beginners Jumping (Novice standard for dogs who haven't trialled yet). Obedience was really good I think - maybe a few minor points on his heel work although I forgot to check his score. His halts, stands and drops were straight (thank you hallway training!!!) and he just trotted along confidently, wagging his silly tail. I couldn't fault his recall, stand for exam or change of position. Jumping was a real step up for both of us as we don't get much time to train. He'd never done a full sized broad jump and had never seen a spread but flew over them. Only last week I was putting in a front cross on a proper course and he caught on so quickly. It was a fairly tight course and my handling skills need a bit LOT of work so he did well to get around cleanly and with decent flow. Next week is our first jumping trial so hopefully that's a good sign :o

Congrats LP and TSP! :o:(:) I really hope you managed to tape your amazing performances :o

We have a brag too... after talking almost half a year off due to an injury of one of my girls, we were back in agility ring today. Couldn't have dreamt of better performances from both of them :) Managed a few places and a CR for Laffi. I was thrilled with her weave entries and fast weaving :) Midge was fast and furious and definitely looked she recovered well from her injury (which was my biggest worry ;) )

Congrats LP and TSP! :(:) ;) I really hope you managed to tape your amazing performances :o

We have a brag too... after talking almost half a year off due to an injury of one of my girls, we were back in agility ring today. Couldn't have dreamt of better performances from both of them :) Managed a few places and a CR for Laffi. I was thrilled with her weave entries and fast weaving :) Midge was fast and furious and definitely looked she recovered well from her injury (which was my biggest worry :) )

Hey, nice work laffi :o I didn't realise Midge was carrying an injury - how stressful but I'm so pleased she has recovered!

Oooh, am I known as TSP, The Smiling Peanut, now????

L1010614.jpg

Of course I didn't video it :) Here's a pic though - will that do?

HDODCClubComp.jpg

Congrats The Spotted Devil!

I also had an Obedience Testing Day today at Southern Obedience Dog Club, apart from the dull of a weather, we've had some brags all round!

Firstly with my Miniature Pinscher Clancy, although only at 5 1/2 months old and 3 Obedience classes and absolutely no work at home aside from showing, somehow by miracles he received 70 out of 100 points and graduated the Beginners class and now can train in the pink class! :o

All he did was hopped along like a kangaroo, when it time to sit, it's calls for a cuddle to him! Not an ounce of patience for a 1 minute sit stay! Now can you see why I said miracles! But his heeling was so fantastic he was next to me and watching me!

Next with my GSP Bella, she was an absolutely fantastic girl and done incredibly well aside from thinking it's a Trial for Tracking! :o She was so fantastic and did me so proud today gathering 147 Points out of 200 for the Green to Yellow Class. However she did not pass as she did not meet the required passing score, however she with her excellent score and a great recall off lead, she came out on top and gave me my first ever trophy and sash! Amazingly she won by just 3 or 4 points ahead of a British Bulldog.

Incredibly Bella and the Bulldog was the only 2 of the entire class to endure the sit stay and down stay as the others had enough and there was enough distraction to drive them both nuts!

My mum also with the Dobermann, won the Beginners to Pink with 93 out of 100 and took the top prize of trophy and sash!

It was an absolute great day and weekend, and after years of wanting to win a trophy and sash with a dog, My little Bella rewarded that to me and I love her so much and I hope she will continue to make me proud!

For now, Clancy and I have some work to do! Starting with his sits! Wish me luck! :(

Well done everybody - sounds like lot to brag about today. Ness couldn't add anything work bragging about but her little sister Kenzie did some nice weaving and jumping on the practice gear at the agility trial today. Very excited about her future :laugh: .

Congrats LP and TSP! :laugh::clap: :p I really hope you managed to tape your amazing performances :laugh:

We have a brag too... after talking almost half a year off due to an injury of one of my girls, we were back in agility ring today. Couldn't have dreamt of better performances from both of them :thumbsup: Managed a few places and a CR for Laffi. I was thrilled with her weave entries and fast weaving :thumbsup: Midge was fast and furious and definitely looked she recovered well from her injury (which was my biggest worry :thumbsup: )

Hey, nice work laffi :laugh: I didn't realise Midge was carrying an injury - how stressful but I'm so pleased she has recovered!

Oooh, am I known as TSP, The Smiling Peanut, now????

L1010614.jpg

Of course I didn't video it :p Here's a pic though - will that do?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love The Smiling Peanut!

:laugh: :laugh: :clap: Congratulations Everyone

Just add my own little Brag

My Newfie Rescue girl got her final leg in her CCD today..............We even had a male Judge and she coped. That is such a big thing for her

I am very proud of my sweet girl. So now we have Planhaven Lady Annabella CCD :laugh:

:laugh::clap: :p Congratulations Everyone

Just add my own little Brag

My Newfie Rescue girl got her final leg in her CCD today..............We even had a male Judge and she coped. That is such a big thing for her

I am very proud of my sweet girl. So now we have Planhaven Lady Annabella CCD :laugh:

Wonderful! Congratulations :laugh:

The Newfies cleaned up at our club comp today - there were 3 of them and they all won/placed in the lower classes - the puppy was SOOOOOOO CUTE :p

Oh, that's lovely Tambaqui - may it be the first of many :clap::laugh: :laugh:

I can just picture your little Min Pin doing a kangaroo impersonation :laugh:

:p

Yeah he was so cute! I accidentally stepped on his feet at one point, but boy he made it sound so dramatic that everyone had to know about what I did! :p I was so embarrassed and quickly soothed him just to quickly quieten him and move on!

Also forgot to mentioned in my last post that her down stay for 2 minute wasn't perfect, as the Rotti next to her got up to chase the poor Chihuahua :thumbsup: and then decided to go after my little Bella, she felt threatened and headed for me! :thumbsup:

Good thing I quickly got her down as the Rotti was taken away from the group and she behaved so well, and really appreciated the instructor Linda for giving full marks considering the situation.

Edited by Tambaqui