2009 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My last brags for the year...

We had the gold coast Fundraiser on Saturday... Jock ran alright for me considering its been a while..

Our first JDX pass which was great.. But the thing that made me so proud was his distance work in Open jumping, he got it easily and without me trying to send him 20 times as usual.. unfortunately it was a DQ due to earlier faults but still a major stepping stone for us..

Denver hits the ring in Late Jan.. Not sure if thats a one off or if its for good we'll wait and see its only novice jumping so we'll see how he runs lol!!

congrats to everyone else!!

My last brags for the year...

We had the gold coast Fundraiser on Saturday... Jock ran alright for me considering its been a while..

Our first JDX pass which was great.. But the thing that made me so proud was his distance work in Open jumping, he got it easily and without me trying to send him 20 times as usual.. unfortunately it was a DQ due to earlier faults but still a major stepping stone for us..

Denver hits the ring in Late Jan.. Not sure if thats a one off or if its for good we'll wait and see its only novice jumping so we'll see how he runs lol!!

congrats to everyone else!!

Good way to end the year, smisch. And especially good that Jock did his distance work in Open - once they get it, and handler and dog get confident about it, they're usually fine with all but really tricky challenges. And :laugh: ont he first JDX pass.

Looking forward to hearing how Denver's debut goes.

gloves is a stupid exercise.....gloves is a stupid exercise.....gloves is a stupid exercise........gloves is a stupid exercise.......

Translated means I need to train gloves better......I need to train gloves better......I need to TRAIN GLOVES!!!!!!

Beans has been in a mental meltdown all week - it seems to happen with all my kids at some point in their training - all the messages become scrambled and even the simplist of tasks become a mountain. :) Training this week has been a case of patch and repair, lower the criteria, and in the end reward for anything :D

Tonight was our last trial of the year and Beans is entered in UD - this was her second outing so in view of the weeks meltdown I go in with the view to use it as a training round and help her out where necessary and if it all goes really pearshaped then to pull out. Well, sit in the box becomes an optional extra - so we get pinged a substantial x 2. She doesn't sit when returning with the first scent article - so another substantial - but she is hanging in there. Her heel work in signals is not as pushy as usual but we get through it, leaving us still on a pass JUST with just the gloves exercise left - we get glove # 1 - so trying to help her out I underturn, give her direction and send her - she heads towards the glove, gets half way there, sights glove # 2 and then veers right, and brings that one back. ARGH :rofl:

BUT boy am I happy with this little Beans - she has come a long way in the last 12 months and I still say she will be my best trialling dog :laugh: Goodonya Beans :rofl: and Scoota you better watch out - Beans is coming out to get ya.

When Scoota gets knocked off top spot for your best trialling dog, he can come and live with Aunty RubyStar :)

Well done Beans! And Scoota!

No brags here from tonight :D

Can I add to the gloves is a stupid exercise chant? Mine is STAND FOR EXAM is a stupid exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially when different judges do it differently. Read that as, I need to proof the SFE with all sorts of people and styles! (and clothing! I'm just waiting for the day when we meet that hat and boots in the ring :laugh:)

Bad luck about Beans Ptolomy - maybe you should have taught food refusal instead - see GLOVES isn't reliable :rofl: .

As for Rubystar, I watched your Novice training video last night and OMG Ruby and you look brilliant :laugh: . You have come along so very very quickly :) . Huge pats on the back and you will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the future. Can see all the hard working paying off and Ruby is a star.

ETA. Rubystar do you think if I sent Kenz over for a holiday you could train her for me as well :D .

Edited by ness

ETA. Rubystar do you think if I sent Kenz over for a holiday you could train her for me as well :rainbowbridge: .

I thought Kenzie was coming on a holiday to my house! I've been checking the letterbox EVERY day!!! :hug:

As for gloves... I like gloves! My gutso dog would never do a food refusal and she's far to quiet to ever teach to speak on comand but boy does she LOVE to retrieve!! :happydance:

So glad to hear Beans did so well Ptolomy, you must be so pleased that all that hard work is beginning to pay off and by the sounds of it that first pass isn't too far away either!!!

Keep going with Ruby RS and hope 2010 is her year for solid SFEs for you!!

Bad luck about Beans Ptolomy - maybe you should have taught food refusal instead - see GLOVES isn't reliable :) .

As for Rubystar, I watched your Novice training video last night and OMG Ruby and you look brilliant :rainbowbridge: . You have come along so very very quickly :coffee: . Huge pats on the back and you will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the future. Can see all the hard working paying off and Ruby is a star.

ETA. Rubystar do you think if I sent Kenz over for a holiday you could train her for me as well :happydance: .

Thanks! I was in two minds about putting that video up, because of the embarrassing oopsies moment that is in true Labrador style :happydance: But that aside, she gave me some nice heelwork :coffee: If only she could pull off the same amount of focus in a trial that she does in training. She was rather distracted last night. Was still a pass in the heelwork, but certainly not at a standard I can say I would be proud of and strive for. But again, the SFE is the failing point. At least we got round the figure 8 poles without incident :hug: She actually gave me some good focus around the figure 8!

Ummm, I may not be the best person to send Kenzie to, I would end up ruining her :coffee: Ruby is very unlucky to have me as her trainer and handler! In the right hands, I just know she'd kick some butt!

So glad to hear Beans did so well Ptolomy, you must be so pleased that all that hard work is beginning to pay off and by the sounds of it that first pass isn't too far away either!!!

Keep going with Ruby RS and hope 2010 is her year for solid SFEs for you!!

Bad luck about Beans Ptolomy - maybe you should have taught food refusal instead - see GLOVES isn't reliable :coffee: .

As for Rubystar, I watched your Novice training video last night and OMG Ruby and you look brilliant :eek: . You have come along so very very quickly :thumbsup: . Huge pats on the back and you will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the future. Can see all the hard working paying off and Ruby is a star.

ETA. Rubystar do you think if I sent Kenz over for a holiday you could train her for me as well :o .

Thanks! I was in two minds about putting that video up, because of the embarrassing oopsies moment that is in true Labrador style :happydance: But that aside, she gave me some nice heelwork :thumbsup: If only she could pull off the same amount of focus in a trial that she does in training. She was rather distracted last night. Was still a pass in the heelwork, but certainly not at a standard I can say I would be proud of and strive for. But again, the SFE is the failing point. At least we got round the figure 8 poles without incident :eek: She actually gave me some good focus around the figure 8!

Ummm, I may not be the best person to send Kenzie to, I would end up ruining her :happydance: Ruby is very unlucky to have me as her trainer and handler! In the right hands, I just know she'd kick some butt!

Don't sell yourself short RubyStar. It looks like you are doing a great job with Ruby. :coffee:

Don't sell yourself short RubyStar. It looks like you are doing a great job with Ruby. :o

She sure is :eek:

We just need to rearrange her social calendar to allow her to do a bit more training :happydance: Oh and help her finish rennovating :eek:

Once she gets over the SFE hurdle she will get some nice scores on the board :happydance:

Don't sell yourself short RubyStar. It looks like you are doing a great job with Ruby. :thumbsup:

We just need to rearrange her social calendar to allow her to do a bit more training :coffee: Oh and help her finish rennovating :happydance:

Once she gets over the SFE hurdle she will get some nice scores on the board :coffee:

Whaddya mean my social calendar? Dog stuff IS my social life!! :happydance: I will and do drop practically anything to train, I don't know if that makes me dedicated or just plain sad!! :thumbsup:

Was that an offer to help come and paint my bathroom and sleepout and tile the laundry?? :coffee::o (on a side note, the electricians quote this morning came in reasonable so I've gone ahead and booked him in - so moving should be happening in January, woohoo!!)

Ruby can throw some brilliant work out when she wants to, so I have no doubt that once us as a team pull it together, especially with the SFE, we will be able to pull off some nice scores. It might be a few years off yet as we both get more ring experience, but I know we can do it!!! :eek:

Edited by RubyStar

Don't sell yourself short RubyStar. It looks like you are doing a great job with Ruby. :coffee:

We just need to rearrange her social calendar to allow her to do a bit more training :laugh: Oh and help her finish rennovating :happydance:

Once she gets over the SFE hurdle she will get some nice scores on the board :coffee:

Whaddya mean my social calendar? Dog stuff IS my social life!! :thumbsup: I will and do drop practically anything to train, I don't know if that makes me dedicated or just plain sad!! :thumbsup:

Was that an offer to help come and paint my bathroom and sleepout and tile the laundry?? :rofl::o (on a side note, the electricians quote this morning came in reasonable so I've gone ahead and booked him in - so moving should be happening in January, woohoo!!)

Ruby can throw some brilliant work out when she wants to, so I have no doubt that once us as a team pull it together, especially with the SFE, we will be able to pull off some nice scores. It might be a few years off yet as we both get more ring experience, but I know we can do it!!! :eek:

I have no social life either, unless it has something to do with dogs :happydance: . Haven't had a chance to do any training the last couple of days because Banjo's been sick :coffee: . To top it off I just got a flat tyre when I went to Better Pets and Gardens.