2009 Brags Thread

No trialling brags here, but I'd like to have a teensy brag about my Millie.

I was practicing scent discrimination with Ruby at the beginning of the week when I thought I'd have a play with Millie to see how she'd go. To my absolute surprise, she caught onto the scent game almost immediately!! At the end of that session, I had her picking out the right scented wood article! I did some more work during the week on it and tonight after practicing the full set with Ruby, I thought I'd push Millie and just see what happened with her and the full set. I'm gobsmacked - less than a week since I introduced it to her, I have Millie working a full set and getting it right!!! :eek: She's having a bit of trouble with the metals and she doesn't do the present yet (as she's not there yet either with the dumbell, is a work in progress) but she's picking out the correct scent for me by picking it up in her mouth and coming towards me with it, she just drops it on the way :eek: Sooooo proud of her as I had sooooooo much trouble teaching scent to Ruby at the beginning of the year! :)

Hoping to have some Ruby brags in the future, working on her distraction and focus big time before she enters anymore trials. BIIIIIG thanks to a very lovely lady here on DOL for her help :cry:

HDODCClubComp.jpg

TSD - Congrats on Ziggy's great results!!! Can I please ask where you got your cargo barrier from? It looks like it attaches about seat level(?) which would be perfect for my car! I need to stop Millie from wriggling out of her harness in the back and "seat surfing"!! Edit: I've taken a closer look and can see yours is a cargo net, but that would still work nicely I think for Millie! How did you attach it to your roof? That is currently the problem I am having with the cargo net that came with my Tucson, nowhere to attach it to the roof. Hope you can point me in the right direction :eek:

Edited by RubyStar

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:eek::eek::eek: Congratulations Everyone

Just add my own little Brag

My Newfie Rescue girl got her final leg in her CCD today..............We even had a male Judge and she coped. That is such a big thing for her

I am very proud of my sweet girl. So now we have Planhaven Lady Annabella CCD :)

Congratulations! I think I saw you both trialing this weekend, in Wagga? She looked like such a lovely girl and did some very nice work :cry:

Congrats LP and TSP! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I really hope you managed to tape your amazing performances :cry:

We have a brag too... after talking almost half a year off due to an injury of one of my girls, we were back in agility ring today. Couldn't have dreamt of better performances from both of them :) Managed a few places and a CR for Laffi. I was thrilled with her weave entries and fast weaving :) Midge was fast and furious and definitely looked she recovered well from her injury (which was my biggest worry :o )

Happy days!!! That's awesome - well done.

We have a small brag after the weekend.

Xena got a quali in Open B agility, although it's a good thing I don't have it on Video - it was just a horrible run that some how didn't go too pear shaped. (I nearly stood on her :( )

CK started dreadfully, but warmed to the task and ended up actually running an open course with only 2 faults - a BIG achievement for him.

My third dog for the night (a visitor to our house) ran in her first ever trial. She had an absolute blast and ran all the courses really well, but she just can't weave. We did manage to get through one course (an intermediate level) by the end of the night with a couple of faults.

All in all very weary legs from 14 runs, but had a ball.

Two days of agility here in Perth and Alex the toller managed..

3rd in MA,9th in MJ,3rd in OA and 5th in OA followed up by a 3rd in MA yesterday before his batteries ran out :laugh:

You forgot to add some lovely heelwork + a UD round at the end of it all. :o

I would like to put $50 on Alex for a win at the Nationals :laugh::cry: I might have more success getting my money back than I do at the Melbourne Cup. :laugh:

Talk about a successful weekend of trialling - well done to The Spotted Devil, Laffi, Tambaqui, Newfsie and Agility Dogs. :cry:

Dare I ask did anybody get anything of the rounds on video???

Hey Rubystar great work with Millies scent and looking forward to seeing Ruby back in the ring :laugh:

Talk about a successful weekend of trialling - well done to The Spotted Devil, Laffi, Tambaqui, Newfsie and Agility Dogs. :cry:

Dare I ask did anybody get anything of the rounds on video???

Hey Rubystar great work with Millies scent and looking forward to seeing Ruby back in the ring :laugh:

I'm glad I didn't get Xena's quali on video :laugh: , but will up load a couple of the other two tonight.

Happy days!!! That's awesome - well done.

We have a small brag after the weekend.

Xena got a quali in Open B agility, although it's a good thing I don't have it on Video - it was just a horrible run that some how didn't go too pear shaped. (I nearly stood on her :D )

CK started dreadfully, but warmed to the task and ended up actually running an open course with only 2 faults - a BIG achievement for him.

My third dog for the night (a visitor to our house) ran in her first ever trial. She had an absolute blast and ran all the courses really well, but she just can't weave. We did manage to get through one course (an intermediate level) by the end of the night with a couple of faults.

All in all very weary legs from 14 runs, but had a ball.

Wow awesome AD :shrug: :D :) Well done!! 14 runs!! how do you do it??!?!?! yesterday I had 8 and my head was turning, struggling to remember the last ones :) I was so thrilled with Laffi's intermediate jumping (would have been a clear and fast run (!!!!) if it wasn't for a dropped bar, which is great achievement for her as she used to slow down heaps with more complicated maneuvers).

Will I see you at ADAA GP?

You forgot to add some lovely heelwork + a UD round at the end of it all. :cheer:

I would like to put $50 on Alex for a win at the Nationals :thumbsup::thumbsup: I might have more success getting my money back than I do at the Melbourne Cup. :cheer:

Oh Ptolomy...you make me laugh :lollipop:

I had better give you $50...I feel sorry for losing your money :o

Will I see you at ADAA GP?

LOL - 14 runs, but a lot of them were rubbish. With the 3 dogs it was good - I got to run most of the courses a couple of times (except for a couple of Xena's runs).

We are locked and loaded for the GP - Missy is having a run in the Medallion Stakes Round which should be pretty cool.

We will be doing nothing except driving up and down the coast in October - Sydney x 2 + the GP = lots of km!

Only a couple of weeks to go! WOO HOO!

ETA - here are the links from the weekend........

Two of Morgan and one of CK.

Edited by Agility Dogs