2009 Brags Thread

We have been to a country trial doing agility. What a weekend with my older girls. Inka qualified 7 out of 8 runs :laugh: with only 1 run was a knocked bar. She got 3 first, 2 second, 1 third and a fifth. Xena my 10.5 year old qualified in 6 out of 8 runs :) one of her runs she slipped on take off and crashed through the jump but she is ok and the other run I totally stuffed her up where I did a front cross which I shouldnt for some reason decided to copy everyone else :eek: Pretty good for the old girls. My youngster well she did manage to pass one of her ADX and a JDX getting both first places but had managed to fail 6 out of 8 runs. That wasnt good odds at all :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have been to a country trial doing agility. What a weekend with my older girls. Inka qualified 7 out of 8 runs :thumbsup: with only 1 run was a knocked bar. She got 3 first, 2 second, 1 third and a fifth. Xena my 10.5 year old qualified in 6 out of 8 runs :laugh: one of her runs she slipped on take off and crashed through the jump but she is ok and the other run I totally stuffed her up where I did a front cross which I shouldnt for some reason decided to copy everyone else :rofl: Pretty good for the old girls. My youngster well she did manage to pass one of her ADX and a JDX getting both first places but had managed to fail 6 out of 8 runs. That wasnt good odds at all :laugh:

Well done! A great weekend and Gabby is still very young and only just in Excellent so a pas in each is still a good result.

My sort of training brag (it can go here, can;t work out where else to brag! :laugh: )

At our last herding trial I had my practical exam for my judges licence for A course, all levels and today received official notification that I passed. Yippee!! :thumbsup:

Hey congratulations Piper. Umm when are you coming back and doing the agility thing again :hug:

You know I nearly took Jazz to agiltiy training for the first time Wednesday night then changed my mind about 20 mins before I was due to leave. So if thought helps at least i am thinking about it! Piper won't ever do it again for several reasons. After I hurt my shoulder my body language got realy dodgy and I tried but looked back to some video of her runs and she was getting so stressed trying to work out my cues and I would go home in so much pain I decided it wasn't worth it. Then she hirt her leg really badly and still has on again off again troubles with it and the vet said when she did it to avoid sudden, unplanned chanes of direction. She was so equipent focused that she would fly at the next thing she saw and then screech to a halt or turn tight as she realised I had gone elsewhere so that is out. I am even cautious working sheep with her now.

I figure Jazz on the other hand will only know me with cruddy signals from my left side and will learn wha those cruddy signals look like and adapt to them so it shouldn't be an issue. Her herding is going amazingly wel for the little work we have done and her obdience is not looking too shabby either. She is getting close to ready for CCD or CD. Will probably just do CD as her heelwork off lead is as good as on lead, if not better.

Goodonya - agility today she is a very clever Ness. Not sure she was 100% up to it today but we walked away at long last with leg 7 of her Masters Agility and therefore her ADM title. Couldn't give me a double pressie of the OA but oh well she wants to eek out her retirement a fraction longer. It wasn't a particularly fast run and it was baby sat very heavily with very few risks.

Not sure either of us will be awake enough to do UD tomorrow though :D .

Goodonya - agility today she is a very clever Ness. Not sure she was 100% up to it today but we walked away at long last with leg 7 of her Masters Agility and therefore her ADM title. Couldn't give me a double pressie of the OA but oh well she wants to eek out her retirement a fraction longer. It wasn't a particularly fast run and it was baby sat very heavily with very few risks.

Not sure either of us will be awake enough to do UD tomorrow though :D .

Well done Ness.

See? My presence was not required :)

Goodonya caffy - it appears I require no friends in attendance and nobody to harass to video :) .

And while your presence wasn't required it always makes for a great trial when you do decide to come :D .Have to say I have certainly learned my lesson and little miss junior will have independent contacts and a decent startline and NEVER be allowed to get away with anything less :) .

Edited by ness

:laugh::laugh: Woohoooo! Go Ness ADM. That's a great achievement.

Now I want to hear abouit today.

Have to say I have certainly learned my lesson and little miss junior will have independent contacts and a decent startline and NEVER be allowed to get away with anything less .

May we quote you???? :scold: Mind you, I'm making the same sort of decision in relation to the little big man. Only problem is you have to train for it - and you know how bad I am at that. :wave:

Miss Kirra did some nice stuff in the little bit of training we did today - but also some weird stuff - like following my shoulders instead of committing to the tunnel - and then jumped up onto the tunnel and over it. :):laugh::rofl: Maybe we shouldn't have done the bit of dance training beforehand. :rofl: Oh well, as long as she gets it out of her system before a double trial next week. :)

And what about your brags Rivsky - master River did very well himself yesterday but I won't spoil them :laugh: .

As for today Tassie - hmm I am actually pretty chuffed with her work in UD today, no pass but she worked nicely considering we had been out all day yesterday. The judge complimented me on how much she had improved since last time she had judged us in UD (hmmmm if I remember correctly it was a bit of a disaster although I think it was Open actually and we got half a dozen paces into the heel pattern and I withdrew her :laugh: ) and that she was really not a bad little worker and that I had done well with her. The scores would suggest otherwise but it really wasn't to bad at all. We got through a UD heel pattern with no missed positions which has always been a bit of a bug bear for me - she can heel well enough but her scores are let down with lots of missed positions.

Any way I was thinking maybe the reason I was so proud of her round today was that I walked in with very few expectations of a pass and she really did work nicely.