Little Bumps After Bath

Hello,

My dog does exactly the same thing her skin is now always pinkish as she has a white coat you can see it. I now wash her in malaseb and she doesn't get the reaction. I was told to try oatmeal shampoo but haven't as the malaseb worked maybe try the oatmeal. In my dog i also believe it might be a food allergy. I once did a google search of dalmatian and skin problems have a read of the this site it was right on the mark explaining my dogs issues

www.thedca.org/derm.html

It doesn't explain alot obout solving it but at least it explains what causes it. I also tried phyohex but for me the malaseb was better. Its so upsetting esp in a show dog.

Magicsmum

Thats intersting i have some head and shoulders have to use it on my 5 year old who still gets cradle cap might try that i have found that her coat was a little dry but relucant to try something else i have used the natural shampoo but that gave her the lumps so might have to try that but not before a show :laugh:

Thanks

Malaseb etc are so strong and toxic - I had to use them alot when vet nursing and I hate them (they should really only be used for really infected skin problems) and never use them on my dogs.

Aloveen shampoo and conditioner are really great for alot of skin problems.

Also try not to scrub up the coat when bathing the dog - treat the bathing like a beauty treatment. I have one bitch who comes up in bumps (heat & stress induced) - for her I bath with aloveen and really gently massage it in, only ever use body temp water on her to rinse and then massage the conditioner on her, I then hot towel for however long it takes me to do her ears and finishing grooming (about 10 mins) and rinse off. I then pour over 2 litres of warm water with a capful of seabreeze oil in it to finish her off (don't rinse off). I pat dry her and then put a towel coat on her (never rub up her coat). It is like a spa treatment I guess but it soothes the skin and thats what they need (like us when we have sunburn or skin rash).

Good luck with it - they are all different and some react to things others never have a problem with.

The head and shoulders is interesting - might have to get some and try that (not before a show though :birthday: )

Malaseb etc are so strong and toxic - I had to use them alot when vet nursing and I hate them (they should really only be used for really infected skin problems) and never use them on my dogs.

Yes I would not be using shampoos such as Malaseb unless the dog has a skin problem already. They are strong and toxic.

Is it only after baths that the dog has the bumps or does she have them all the time and you can't see them when the hair is not wet?

Where are the bumps and rash?

Hi all , they are not there all the time,just after bath times and they are as if they start off as small blister and then scab up,then when scab falls of they are gone.Like chicken pox sort of.She hates them when we touch one and it weeps a bit and she goes nuts. Like she can smell something is on her.Its not really bad she probably gets 6 or 7ish .Sometimes its more sometimes its less. Vets are not sure but I have to keep an eye on when,where, and how many. They are too small to see through her coat.With the malaseb I use the smallest amount just on the area.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hi just wondering if anyone has issues with little bumps or blisters on skin after bath time? Tried medicated sh and malaseb rinse but still happens after bath. Have two girls and one is fine but the other has bumps??

Found out what the problem is......Fungi infection picked up in dirt and compost in back yard.....On the mend now.