Borders - Lightroom / Photoshop

Winterpaws

Is there a good tute out there on how to add borders to photos in either Lightroom or Photoshop? I did try googling but did not really come up with much other than software that I would need to purchase.

Happy to buy them if I have to but for the amount of photos I take I am not sure it would be really worth it????

There was one program called Photo Frame 4 that looked pretty whizz bang!!!

It depends on the sort of borders you want. You can find some borders that are in 'layers' and simply drag the layer on top of your image. That's the easy way of doing it.

Head to flickr and search for 'borders' and see if it comes up with any in the creative commons (which means you can download them). :rolleyes:

Thanks guys!!! I'll have a play with that one Ash and also do the search like you suggested.

It seems to be the one thing that is missing from Lightroom...... It looks like you can add them in the print module but I just want to send my photos to a friend for some memories of her horse that she just sold

Whilst I am here can I add another question? I have a photo but I want to remove the lead rope and halter from it. I had a bit of a play with the clone stamp in PS but it just looked really photoshopped and fuzzy. Is there a knack to that as well?

I really am loving Lightroom though!

Oh here is the photo I was talking about for the halter and lead rope

charm-67-1.jpg

The quickest way to do it in PS is CtrlA (to select) then Edit, Stroke and then choose your width and colour and inside or outside (I choose inside) and you have a plain border around a shot.