Charging Batteries

Kirislin

I don't have a 400/450 but I just throw mine for the 40Ds on when I feel I need to, no matter what the little bars say.

You may also find that they will last a really long time on a single bar ... I shot another 250 frames when one of mine was down to a bar coz I kept forgetting to charge it. It didn't die but I finally remembered :)

Do you have a second battery? I like to empty the charge comp;letely (or at least down to the rapid flashing warning) on the 40D butg always carry a second battery to put in. Old habit as the current batteries apparently do not suffer from the 'memory' that the early mobile phone batteries used to.

Is it a li-ion battery? Then it should be fine to charge up, you dont have to empty them before you recharge them. At least thats what my reading tells me.

are they the little square ones? if so then yes. I've only got the one battery, it lasts a fair while, I dont know if I can justify buying a second one.

My li-ion suggests to drain if possible but it wont hurt it if you don't. I just bought a cordless vacuum with a li-ion battery and it tells me to leave it on charge all the time, that it wont affect the battery at all.

They are not like the old batteries that would develop a memory if you charged them before they were drained.

It depends - with me - I rotate half a dozen batteries.

Having missed some shots when using a half-charged or even

a supposedly good battery I don't like to take any chances.

Before a trip or project I charge them all up regardless of

whether full, empty or half way (I have 3 chargers so it makes

life easier).