Puppies, Baby Teeth And Bones

bozthepup

Hi everyone

Can people give me any info on the process of baby teeth and puppies ? Boz has lost a couple of his front ones; I'm assuming the adult teeth will grow in their place !!! Do their canines only grow once ?

Also, I like to give him bones to supplement his diet but wonder if they might be a little hard on his teeth just yet.

he's 16 weeks.

tks !

Our pups all get bones as soon as they can chew!! :rolleyes:

He is plenty old enough.. and some nice chicken wings/pieces of lamb brisket will be very welcome for a teething pup!

he will gradually lose all his baby teeth. to be replaced (once only, same as humans) with nice shiny big teeth!

Edited by persephone

Our pups all get bones as soon as they can chew!! :laugh:

He is plenty old enough.. and some nice chicken wings/pieces of lamb brisket will be very welcome for a teething pup!

he will gradually lose all his baby teeth. to be replaced (once only, same as humans) with nice shiny big teeth!

thank you ! He munches on chicken wings also and loves them. His tiny little teeth are so cuuuuute !! But sharp ...

:rolleyes:

Hi Bozthepup

Our lab started losing his baby teeth, including canines at around the same age. He was having small brisket bones only at this age.

Hope this helps, but someone else may know more.

thanks dozersmum. Dozer is such a sweetie ! How old now ?

I gave my 4 week old pups a small section of lamb rib today. One got stuck into it straight away, ripping the meat off, the other was a bit slower. So yes pups can have bones and yes I didn't leave the bones with the puppies after they had finished with them, the big dogs cleaned up after them.

I gave my 4 week old pups a small section of lamb rib today. One got stuck into it straight away, ripping the meat off, the other was a bit slower. So yes pups can have bones and yes I didn't leave the bones with the puppies after they had finished with them, the big dogs cleaned up after them.

:cool:

We do this too :) They LOVE em!!