Digging Holes

geggy

hi we have a 6 months old lab she has started to dig holes in our backyard we have put her poo in the holes, and she justs it her poo and diggs more . what can we do :rainbowbridge:

Give her a designated area (a purpose built sandpit) and encourage her to dig there. Bury her toys, and then make a game with her of finding them again. I've had a sandpit for my dogs for the last 10 years and since then I've never had problems with any of my dogs digging up the yard :cry: . At the moment I have a 7yr old GSD, a 3yr old Goldie and a 3mth old GSD pup and all three of them use the sandpit.

hi we have a 6 months old lab she has started to dig holes in our backyard we have put her poo in the holes, and she justs it her poo and diggs more . what can we do :rainbowbridge:

Give her a designated area (a purpose built sandpit) and encourage her to dig there. Bury her toys, and then make a game with her of finding them again. I've had a sandpit for my dogs for the last 10 years and since then I've never had problems with any of my dogs digging up the yard :cry: . At the moment I have a 7yr old GSD, a 3yr old Goldie and a 3mth old GSD pup and all three of them use the sandpit.

An excellent idea, and might I also suggest a very light sprinkling of curry powder, pepper or chilli powder in the holes you dont wont revisisted. But make sure you dont use too much.