Bunnings Wire Compost Bins As A Puppy Pen Big Thumbs Up

NTC

Hmm you slot the end part of the spiral in and then you twist and twist and twist. It will then go on but it does fall off down though so you need something (I used thick tape) to stop it from sliding down

I tried that and it wouldn't work :( :D :thanks: I would twist and it would just end up in my hand again!!!

Gone up to $26 in my local Bunnings. I think they are on to us!

Yep, same deal at my local bunnings - now $26. :laugh:

LP - You are not silly. I don't worry about those stupid spiral things, they are useless and a pain to put on, IMHO. I use cable ties to hold the sides together, so much quicker and easier. :laugh:

Might use the cable ties - I got the same tub 200 for $3 :rofl:

Ocean Aussie - I bought some star pickets and tied *them* (after they were hammered into the ground of course) at regular intervals around the pen... works a treat :(

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you stop the dogs from pushing the pens over?

WB, do you use them for your Weis?

Hey OA - I have 4 compost bins. :( I originally bought them so I had a portable puppy pen to use when I first got Cedar. I used the star pickets like LP does to keep them sturdy.

Now they are currently used to fence off plants I don't want them chewing/digging up. :( They have multiple uses.

Mine were only used for smaller dogs but when I needed to fix them to stop the furkids from moving the pen across the dirt (no grass here during summer), I just used small tent pegs. The kind that come with children's tents or garden gazebos.

I'm using a few of these and had used the ties to join them. Problem with these are they can be hard to fold flat and one pup does have a chew at them. Tried some key rings on the last one - work beautifully!!! Just pry them open enough to slide over the upright bars, they go on easily, fold flat and no chewing! I found the 20mm ones a good size. Last lot were 50c each and I used three on each side.

eta - spelling :rofl:

Edited by pebbles

Now they are currently used to fence off plants I don't want them chewing/digging up. :eek: They have multiple uses.

We are using a few panels at the moment to keep our Cavs away from the fence & the Staffies next door.

Works really well :rofl:

I've pretty much decided to buy some more and use them as semi-permanent fencing inside my three bay carport (when it is rebuilt) to divide it up for my dogs so that I have an all-weather area for them.

I used these too for when mine were pups and they were great. :rofl:

I then had some landscaping done and used them to block off that area to let the grass grow but Missy my stafford decided the grass or lack of grass was greener on the other side and kept jumping over it. Funnily enough my amstaff who could easily jump it just stands up on it and cries to be on the same simde as Missy :eek:

I'm using a few of these and had used the ties to join them. Problem with these are they can be hard to fold flat and one pup does have a chew at them. Tried some key rings on the last one - work beautifully!!! Just pry them open enough to slide over the upright bars, they go on easily, fold flat and no chewing! I found the 20mm ones a good size. Last lot were 50c each and I used three on each side.

eta - spelling :(

The key rings sound like another good idea, anything is better than those silly spiral things.

I don't have a problem folding my bins down with the cable ties on them, and mine are tied on very securely.

When my girl was a pup I was concerned initially about her possibly chewing the ties, but it was never an issue. She had plenty of other good things to chew on in the pen. :(