Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Yes she is much bigger than when I seen her the other day, she was very smoochy that day and something very strange I thought was when I got home my lot showed no indicatin that I had been with another dog, you know how they usually go nuts sniffing clothes etc not a sniff, and I had Tarni all over my pants as she was leaning in for big smooches.

I love the idea of the joint shops, that would be great and probly good for both businesses, they do definatley go hand in hand, I know a few fish people that are reptile people too!

Look forward to baby puppy pics when they arrive, has she had an ultra sound? Any idea how many??

I have to go back to the vets again this week as the girls are due for thier path testing for Delta, oh what fun!!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting that your lot payed no attention to the smell of Tarni when you got home, coz she sure did stink!

Tarni has never 'had a smell' before, but ever since she fell pregnant she has smelt really 'doggy'.

She had a very long thorough bath today and smells lovely again! :)

No, I never had an ultrasound done as I don't care how many pups she has and it has been an uneventful pregnancy.

We have 'sold' all her pups months ago, but no-one really knows if they will have one until they are born of course.

Good luck at the Vets with your girls!

Hey Cavalblaze I was out your way today.

My brother and SIL have just bought some land and are about to start building.

I went out to have a look and discovered they will be just a few doors down from you!

Their block is two down from the half-built place near you. They are on a corner of your street and a non-existent road at the moment. Coincidentally, my brother was saying just yesterday that they are considering buying a Cav from a reg breeder and asked me if I'd heard of you, as he has seen you on FB talking about your Cavs.

I told him tonight that it would be handy having their breeder so close-by!

Hope your babies are steaming along!

Hello,

You can always pop around and say hi since you were a stone throw away from my home!

That new estate area has been selling well i beleive most of the front blocks are sold and they have pop the signs up the back blocks into that non-existing road now. He should be happy there except now is a crappy time to build very muddy. Tegan finnerty has also brought a block next to the old house subject to soil test, maybe they are neighbors.

Pups are coming along really well. Little one is still tiny but she is gaining weight and very strong. I am keeping her so she can take her time growing up. The others i have couple of people who have express interest but no definate committments. So if they are keen by all means tell them to call or email me and they can come around and check tem out.

10 days old and their eyes are just starting to open today.

Puppies sound like they are going great guns! Any more photos?

JJ, are you going to start a facebook page for Repti life?? (have I spelt that right?) A couple of my work mates asked me.

Puppies sound like they are going great guns! Any more photos?

JJ, are you going to start a facebook page for Repti life?? (have I spelt that right?) A couple of my work mates asked me.

Absolutely. Just waiting for it all to 'happen' before launching our website and FB page.

We will have special offers for our FaceBook 'friends'. :)

Cav, it was tempting to call in for a puppy-fix but I had the OH, four kids, one dog and a lizard on board. ;)

Glad to hear pups are doing so well. 1 week to go here.... :D

Who is Tegan Finnerty? :confused:

Edited by jerojath

Cav, it was tempting to call in for a puppy-fix but I had the OH, four kids, one dog and a lizard on board. ;)

I wouldn't of mind the human company but the Lizard, mmm,....sorry not really my thing.

Goodluck with yor whelping.

Tegan is a local Koroit woman in her 30's, 3 kids + hubby. Son goes to kinder with my daughter.

Building a simmons house i believe near or next to your brothers block. Thought your brother might want to know who is neighbors are going to be. He might find out soon enough as she has a large number of chooks including roosters. :D

I wouldn't of mind the human company but the Lizard, mmm,....sorry not really my thing.

Goodluck with yor whelping.

Tegan is a local Koroit woman in her 30's, 3 kids + hubby. Son goes to kinder with my daughter.

Building a simmons house i believe near or next to your brothers block. Thought your brother might want to know who is neighbors are going to be. He might find out soon enough as she has a large number of chooks including roosters. :D

Roosters??? :eek: 1, 2, 3, 4, I detect a neighbor war!!! :rofl:

We lived next door to people years ago who had roosters and it caused quite a problem! He will be pleased! :laugh:

It's pretty crap, I had to take the girlies for thier path testing at the vets and it was NOT pleasant doing the poo collection in this weather. :laugh: home again for now but have to go to the big green shed this arvo. :cry: it's going to be soooo cold!

Yeah it is pretty-well protected from the elements there thank god!

Poor you having to go to work, I finished work last week so I am temporarily an unemployed bum... and loving it!!! :laugh:

'tis a good day for staying inside and doing nothing! :) Well not exactly nothing... I did just buy a pair of snakes online! :shhh:

After consulting with my fellow breeders regarding the markings on our two little female pups i have been advised to place both on limited rego. Out of the entire litter these two seem to have mismarks on mouths/muzzle area which is not good for showing or breeding prospects, they do have lovely colouring otherwise and will make great pets regardless of cosmetic faults.

Of course with my luck these are the only two girls in the litter and i will now reside to the fact the gods are against me. :whiteflag:

After consulting with my fellow breeders regarding the markings on our two little female pups i have been advised to place both on limited rego. Out of the entire litter these two seem to have mismarks on mouths/muzzle area which is not good for showing or breeding prospects, they do have lovely colouring otherwise and will make great pets regardless of cosmetic faults.

Of course with my luck these are the only two girls in the litter and i will now reside to the fact the gods are against me. :whiteflag:

Bummer. :(

I must say though, that I find it hard to understand the reasoning behind ditching a dog due to cosmetic imperfections. Just coz these girls are slightly miss-marked on the muzzle they are excluded from the show ring and therefore, from any breeding programs? What gets me is the number of dogs with poor bites being exhibited because they are 'well marked'. It seems sometimes that 'cosmetic' character is placed highly of more importance than correct bone structure, temperament and conformation!

Not having a go at you Cavalblaze, but more confusion about the importance of these cosmetic points in a breed standard. Isn't a Cav a Cav whether it has a spot on it's muzzle or not? I understand the importance of ALL factors in a breed standard keeping quality and 'type' within a breed, but I just think too much emphasis is placed on the lesser-important cosmetics, than other 'all-important' factors.

Bummer. :(

I must say though, that I find it hard to understand the reasoning behind ditching a dog due to cosmetic imperfections. Just coz these girls are slightly miss-marked on the muzzle they are excluded from the show ring and therefore, from any breeding programs? What gets me is the number of dogs with poor bites being exhibited because they are 'well marked'. It seems sometimes that 'cosmetic' character is placed highly of more importance than correct bone structure, temperament and conformation!

Not having a go at you Cavalblaze, but more confusion about the importance of these cosmetic points in a breed standard. Isn't a Cav a Cav whether it has a spot on it's muzzle or not? I understand the importance of ALL factors in a breed standard keeping quality and 'type' within a breed, but I just think too much emphasis is placed on the lesser-important cosmetics, than other 'all-important' factors.

I do agree with what you are saying, gone are the important factors, the picture image which is taking over.

Every dog will have it's faults but in our breed being so highly populated the aim for colour perfection is becoming more demand. Because competition is huge, we wouldn't stand a chance in the ring with this form of mismarks and be highly frown upon if used in a breeding program.

I was infomed these marks could follow through the linage and therefore that is why i have decided to let them go as pets.

It is a learning curve, they say it takes years to master and they weren't wrong. I will eventually buy another cavalier but for now i am happy enjoying what i have.

Edited by Cavalblaze

Too true.

That was to be her last litter wasn't it?

Don't you have another bitch or do I have that wrong?

If you do have another one, and she is related to this girl who just whelped, does that mean you wouldn't breed with her either?

I guess in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, so long as they find wonderful new homes. :)

I am very excited that one of my pups may be going to live just around the corner!

I have never sold a puppy 'locally' before... they all ended up all over Australia, but one woman has visited numerous breeders in Melbourne and beyond before contacting me via email. After she 'secured' a puppy we discovered that she is right here in Warrnambool! :)

Well I'm about buggered.

We've been to Fun For Kids Festival today (with compliments of tlc and Mr. tlc :thumbsup: ) and I ell ya it's a looooooooong day!

The kids all had a blast and participated in every single activity on offer, I think!

Unfortunately the rain kept halting the rock-climbing and when the weather finally cleared up there was a two-hour queue, so we gave that a miss.

It really is a great show and I can see why folk travel from far and wide to get along to it.

I spoke to a family from Warragul who drove up this morning after leaving at five o'clock and were planning to drive home tonight, but apparently they are so buggered they were going to try and get a room here in town (good luck!).

So a big :thanks: to Mr & Mrs tlc once again, for a great day! (It's good to know people in high-places ;) ).

So, for the first time in the history of my family, the kids have crashed and will no-doubt be in bed EARLY tonight! :sleep: