Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks all for the wonderful Birthday wishes except maybe Tenties for her misguided wishes :rofl::rofl: LOL

Hey JJ us smart people like the frogs hey..... ;) ;)

Wait till we are in the new house and you should come out frogging they are every where mind you I havent found one yet but can hear them every where !!!

Was thinking about making a frog bog but no need by the sounds of it they are all pretty happy little froggies :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks all for the wonderful Birthday wishes except maybe Tenties for her misguided wishes :rofl::rofl: LOL

Hey JJ us smart people like the frogs hey..... ;) ;)

Wait till we are in the new house and you should come out frogging they are every where mind you I havent found one yet but can hear them every where !!!

Was thinking about making a frog bog but no need by the sounds of it they are all pretty happy little froggies :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep I have heard LOTS of Spotted Marsh Frogs (Lymnodynasties Tasmeniensis) out your way.

They like to live in thick grass where it is moist... not necessarily in water.

Unfortunately they often get killed by motor mowers. :(

They are one of very few frog species in Victoria which can be kept without a Protected Wildlife License.

Seems a bit odd, as they are still protected and it is illegal to remove them from the environment. I can't justify spending $35 on one in a pet store when most people have them in their back-yards!

Hope they hang around your place after you move in. :) Speaking of which..... any news?

Hey JJ, what are the Frogs that bury themselves in the garden ??, i used to dig them up on the farm and they would scare the daylights out of me.... they are some sort of bullfrog i think ?

Hey JJ, what are the Frogs that bury themselves in the garden ??, i used to dig them up on the farm and they would scare the daylights out of me.... they are some sort of bullfrog i think ?

More than likely Lymnodynastes Dumerilii. Often called the Banjo frog or Eastern Banjo.

There are any number of species it could be, but these are very common and often found. :)

Edited by jerojath

We took a spin out to Anjari Abode today, the house is lovely RJ has done a fab job of tieing everything together, it is no mean feat that's for sure!

Agreed. I have only seen pics on FB and have seen it from the road, but it is coming along now and looks lovely! :thumbsup:

More than once I have accidentally speared one on the garden fork. RIP froggy. I also get the little tiny brown ones (size of 5 cents) they come out of the kitchen tap...

:eek: Poor frogs!

Out of your tap?

Dunno what they could be... going by the size they would either be the Common Froglet or immature Southern Brown Tree Frogs. Both are plentiful out your neck of the woods.

Would LOVE a pic next time you find one in your tea! ;)

More than once I have accidentally speared one on the garden fork. RIP froggy. I also get the little tiny brown ones (size of 5 cents) they come out of the kitchen tap...

:eek: Poor frogs!

Out of your tap?

Dunno what they could be... going by the size they would either be the Common Froglet or immature Southern Brown Tree Frogs. Both are plentiful out your neck of the woods.

Would LOVE a pic next time you find one in your tea! ;)

EEEEWWWWWW hopefully they are seen BEFORE they hit the Tea JJ.. :laugh: RP i get those little brown ones here, i find them swimming in my pots out the front , they seem to have a pattern of sorts down their back in a very pale lemon colour ??...JJ, Banjo frogs sounds familiar, they made an absolute racket at night around the Dam mostly but seemed to be everywhere if it was the same ones ???

For anyone interested, HERE is a link to the most common frogs of this area.

If you click on the "detailed field guide" you can scroll down and click on their calls. This may help you identify the frogs you see and hear in your backyards. :)

Edited by jerojath

Thank's for that link JJ, twas very interesting...i think i have found my little frogs who swim in my pots... Litoria ewingi...... as for the other one i know it wasnt half as cute as the little fellas, it was black in colour and seemed very fat ( not unlike me now :laugh: ) it was horrible digging these guy's up and sometimes chopping them in half or the dogs grabbing them and running, :vomit: i have always wondered how in hell they got so far down in the ground, i never saw them burrow or anything :shrug:

Thank's for that link JJ, twas very interesting...i think i have found my little frogs who swim in my pots... Litoria ewingi...... as for the other one i know it wasnt half as cute as the little fellas, it was black in colour and seemed very fat ( not unlike me now :laugh: ) it was horrible digging these guy's up and sometimes chopping them in half or the dogs grabbing them and running, :vomit: i have always wondered how in hell they got so far down in the ground, i never saw them burrow or anything :shrug:

Yep it's a terrific site, that one! Litoria Ewingi (or Southern Brown Tree Frog, or Ewings Frog) are my 2nd favorite frog. :) Until very recently I had kept them for nearly 20 years.

:rofl: funny JJ!

Was it cold this morning, I'm still cuddled up in bed surrounded by doggies, won't be going far today with my toe but I'm happy to say it's been pretty good, slept ok, not to much pain. There was initially when the block wore off but it seemed to ease, as long as I keep it up. Quiet few days for me!

:rofl: funny JJ!

Was it cold this morning, I'm still cuddled up in bed surrounded by doggies, won't be going far today with my toe but I'm happy to say it's been pretty good, slept ok, not to much pain. There was initially when the block wore off but it seemed to ease, as long as I keep it up. Quiet few days for me!

Cold is an understatement! I had some mowing to do today at work and I think all I did was take the ice off the surface! There was frost sitting on the grass still after lunch time. Gonna stuff a hot-pack down the front of my jocks tomorrow morning! :eek:

Glad you have had the "procedure". Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.... even if just so the Spoods don't go completely bananas! :laugh: