Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

I am north of Lismore, that is about 1/2 hour from me as well but on this Thursday coming I will be in Ballarat. :(

Well that just aint good enough RP....you came in here and dangled the bait and now you dont want it ???? where abouts in Ballarat would you most likely be ??? although i have to be at Cape Clear to drop a dog off....

Don't get cheeky with me!!! :rasberry: You are the bait dangler - going to be so close and you pick a day where I have appointments either end. Slack, really slack - dashing my hopes like that.:laugh:

Actually I have a lot of time to kill in Ballarat between the two appointments so quite likely we can work something out - I will PM you with my schedule for the day

Edited by RuralPug

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I made it through two afternoons at work, I was so glad when today was finished, I'm still coughing like a nutter, especially night and morning, but my voice is so hoarse, the customers were all taking a step back, I am so over having to explain that I am not contagious now. Think I will spend the next couple of days recouperating from the last two! :laugh: Then Friday morning I have to start at 7, god help me!

JJ how is Jess do you have a positive diagnosis yet? Hope she is ok!!

Well I made it through two afternoons at work, I was so glad when today was finished, I'm still coughing like a nutter, especially night and morning, but my voice is so hoarse, the customers were all taking a step back, I am so over having to explain that I am not contagious now. Think I will spend the next couple of days recouperating from the last two! :laugh: Then Friday morning I have to start at 7, god help me!

JJ how is Jess do you have a positive diagnosis yet? Hope she is ok!!

Glad you're on the mend tlc... gonna take a while though.

Jess hasn't been in to see her Dr yet.

Her teacher sent her home yesterday due to asthma and we kept her home today and she seems to be much improved this afternoon.

Chantel reckons it sounds just like I did when I had Whooping Cough, but I'm not so sure.

We'll keep her home and warm again tomorrow and see how she goes. If she starts going downhill we shall get her to her Dr.

Jess is a chronic asthmatic but you can't rush her off to see the Dr every-time she develops a cough or shortness of breath. We know how to manage it very well, and when to be concerned and seek help.

We also know never to treat asthma lightly... a friend of ours died a few months ago because he was too late calling for help when he had an asthma 'attack', and he was in his early 20's.

Asthma is often inherited, Chantel has asthma although it is very well managed these days, but unfortunately little Jemma has it too, and has been hospitalized twice for days at a time, and she's only 18 months old.

Hopefully she never gets as bad as Jess.

Asthma is pretty awful as it stops them being able to just play like kids, we always find ourselves saying "Stop running Jess" "Calm down Jess" "Do your breathing Jess" and she hates it! Still, it's better to try and manage it now rather than leave it until she's older.

You never know JJ she might not have it when she is older, my brother was pretty bad with it as a kid but " grew " out of it...i remember waking up at night hearing him cough and wheeze then Mum and Dad getting up and taking him to the Hospital where he would spend the next few days in a tent and getting injections which he hated...fingers crossed that your 2 will "grow " out of it :crossfingers:

I do agree Asthma is a bloody aweful thing, I never had it as a kid and only developed it about 8 years ago in my early 30's, not badly but bad enough to require prevention in winter and a reliever on occasion. No one else in my immediately family has it but my brothers boys have it. Seems to be so common now days. Well I hope Jess is on the improve even more by tomorrow. Something I did read in all the WC literature is that asthmatics are much more susceptible to WC that a person without asthma. The Dr has put me on a new puffer called symbicourt which does away with preventative and reliver as it is all in one. It's great as now I don't have to take two!

Hey tlc, i was diagnosed with Asthma some years ago i was given 2 types of inhaler one the normal looking one the other a round thing, the stuff in the round one i was told contributes to stuffing up your vocal cords, dont know what it is/was as i never bothered with either....i told the Doctor i didnt have Asthma i was a smoker and what i had was caused by Smoking...she didnt like me saying it but it was true, i think Doctors these days dont bother looking for the real reason behind anything, it would take up too much of their time , they like to tell you whatever and shunt you out the door as quick as they can..........Got off the track there sorry :o..... next time you go to the Doctor ask about what affect the ingrediants of your inhalers have on you in the long run ???? the answers amaze you believe me lol....i wont use one of my medications because the Chemist was Shocked that my Doctor prescribed it for me, it scared the daylights out of me to learn that i shouldnt take it because im on warfrin and this particular medication is known to cause bleeding :eek: my Doctor scoffed about it when i asked him and then said its ok if its monitored ??? do i set up a tent in his waiting room so he can monitor me ?? or will he come out to my place to stay ???? :mad

Your right about the doctors they are so quick to just chuck any sort of meds at you and not get to the bottom of the problem. I'm just glad I really only need reliever occasionally in winter. However this WC has really taken a hold which I think is par for the course of the disease, I just have to ride it out now. I do hate having to be reliant on the puffers at times but if I didn't have them I just wouldn't be able to function, so I just have to suck it up :cry: if a fairy god mother give me one wish at the moment it would be to have healthy lungs.

Hey Jj, hows Jess today?

Also quick question, Do you already have stock for your shop that you are able to sell before you open? Such as snakes & bearded dragons??

Hey Jj, hows Jess today?

Also quick question, Do you already have stock for your shop that you are able to sell before you open? Such as snakes & bearded dragons??

Jess is much better and we've sent her to school today. We'll see how she goes.

The DSE wont hand our license over until they have inspected out livestock holding enclosures.

These are being built in Melbourne right now but wont be delivered until August 13.

Inspection will be after that.

I can't buy or sell any animals until such time, I'm afraid.

All the snakes I have under my private license are breeding pairs for us, and aren't for sale.

I have lots of livestock 'on hold' at the moment, all over the place, but nothing I can deal with yet.

Ah ok, that makes sense! And I thought as much. My mates at work are heading up to Ballarat on the weekend to go to the reptile shop up there for a look. They literally can't wait till you open.

Ah ok, that makes sense! And I thought as much. My mates at work are heading up to Ballarat on the weekend to go to the reptile shop up there for a look. They literally can't wait till you open.

They are probably going to buy off Roy Pails. He's VERY expensive!

There are better places, closer than Ballarat. Probably shouldn't be saying that though! :laugh:

The guy that wants the snake is in Melbourne today and tomorrow and he was going to do the rounds of all the rptile places to get an idea of price etc, aparently one place had sold 20 snakes :eek: but I guess thats not many for a major city.

He really wanted to wait and buy off you but he got given a case/enclosure that was basically all set up for snakes so he didn't want to wait. y other friend is getting a bearded dragon. But I am clueless will they just be able to walk into a shop and buy these reptiles won't they need permits? I didn't go into it with them just assumed they knew what they were doing!

The guy that wants the snake is in Melbourne today and tomorrow and he was going to do the rounds of all the rptile places to get an idea of price etc, aparently one place had sold 20 snakes :eek: but I guess thats not many for a major city.

He really wanted to wait and buy off you but he got given a case/enclosure that was basically all set up for snakes so he didn't want to wait. y other friend is getting a bearded dragon. But I am clueless will they just be able to walk into a shop and buy these reptiles won't they need permits? I didn't go into it with them just assumed they knew what they were doing!

Yes they will need permits for any sort of Dragon or snake... tell them by the time they have them, Repti-Life will be open! :laugh:

But if they want to check out a really cool place, Victorian Reptiles on Elm Park Drive, Hoppers Crossing.

They will need to look for signs, as VR are set back away in a warehouse. It's on their way home, too.

Adam will look after them if they tell him "that snake guy from Warrnambool sent them". ;)

I will be working pretty closely with Victorian Reptiles through our store.

Or, Amazing Amazon on Springvale road Glen Waverley is worth a look. After us, it's probably the 2nd best Reptile Store in Vic.