• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cute pups JJ...

Thanks T&T :)

They are very cute and are all thriving! :thumbsup:

Dunno if anyone here is interested, but the new Car Wash on the cnr of Laverock Rd & Raglan Pde is opening soon.

They are looking for a "Manager" to run the place.

I can't imagine it would be too involved.... servicing cash machine, servicing washing agents, keeping the place clean etc???

Anyway the owner rang me the other night as he thought I was looking for work.

Obviously I can't take the job as I sign the lease for my new shop tomorrow ( :cooldance: ) so I thought someone here may be looking for a job.

If interested, the owner is Darren Noseda and he is located at the BP next door to the car wash. :)

He rang me last week but I couldn't get back to him straight away. Obviously the job may be taken now but it's worth a shot if you need a new job!

That would be a great job for someone wanting a bit of freedom, I agree to probably wouldn't be too taxing and pretty cruizy!

Well I'm back in bed again, feeling like a bus has ploughed me down :cry: back to the dr tomorrow!

I'd only be guessing, I'd say the flu, a tummy bug and asthma, the doctor last week was not much help and the ABs have not worked so hoping to get some more answers today!!

Hi all :)

Well, I'm back from the huge 9-10m swells, not that I can complain we were anchored up in Tasman Bay from a week to avoid the bad weather! Lucky for me they decided to do an early crew change so I got to get off and get home, the job was supposed to be finished but alas they had to head out again, minus me!! :D

Have just caught up on the last 5 or so pages, everyone has been busy I see :)

New puppies, new houses... etc! Congrats everyone on what you are all up to, hope to see you all soon (maybe once we get out of winter hibernation!!)

Hey I've got a question to ask if anyone can help? I have a friend (and neighbour) named Jan who unfortunately has to go to Melbourne to work for 2 months from September to November. She has organised someone to stay in her house and look after the cats (which I am happy about cause I normally do it when she is away for short periods!!) but this person has refused to look after the almost 3 year old Tirra, a border collie. Tirra can be troublesome but only in the sense that she is a border collie, she is active and needs a lot of mental stimulation. With Jan she is pretty good, but she pushes the boundaries with people she does not know. Jan is very vigilant and has done extensive obedience training with her, however she can be a ratbag if given some leeway. She can be dog aggresive but from what I have seen she is nothing complared to Migaloo! I often take Migaloo walking with Jan and Tirra and we have no problems. Anyway, Jan is looking for someone who might be able to look after Tirra for thoses two months. She would like someone that is experienced with dogs who will not take any crap from Tirra. Obviously it would be better if it were a dog free household but Jan is happy to try anything at this stage. She doesn't want to board her if she can help it due to the fact that she thinks Tirra will go mad over two months. The person who is looking after the house and cats doesn't think she can handle Tirra's energy, so it would have to be someone that is willing to exercise Tirra daily. Jan has said that she could pay someone, not a lot but it could be discussed. I think she may be asking for a miracle really but I know that forum members have been able to help in the past, just thought someone might have an idea?

Cheers, Shannon :)

Hi All,

Hope you're well.

TLC hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

JJ the pups look great, glad everything so far has been without any troubles. I'm sure they'll be full of mischief in the coming weeks!! :)

We've been busy with work and getting ready to move. Tyson is well, starting to mature mentally now and settle down, which is a relief. Still very goofy and playful, just toned it down a bit.

Hoping to find him a new playmate now, we have been down to the dog pen at Harris Street Reserve a couple of times with two boxer bitches, but have decided to see if we can find someone else to play with as we had an incident today. A young bloke showed up with his boxer bitch while we were there, and unfortunately the 2 boxer bitches we took Tyson with starting fighting with the newcomer. Not a good result, and not a habit I want Tyson to get into. He knew better than to get involved today, but I dont want to risk him turning nasty.

Can't believe the weather we've been having lately, Sunny one day, inclement the next. I guess thats what Warrnambool weather is all about!!

Sounds like you're busy, Bec!

Not good about the Boxers. I must say I don't like "dog park" scenarios like Harris Street. It seems that if there is just one dog upsetting the balance, then it becomes like a pressure cooker... finally spilling over into an all-in barney!

I'm sure Tyson would love a little play-mate. :)

tlc sorry to hear you have not improved. You must be getting sick of your bed by now, with or without Spoodies! :sick:

Hope you improve soon. :(

Good to hear from you, Mawson!

Glad you got home safely. 9 meter swells??? :eek: No thanks! :vomit:

Well I finally have a tentatvie diagnosis (most of you would have seen already on facebook) the doctor thinks I have whooping cough. Rj, had me diagnosed with this a week ago, think she missed her calling she should have been a doctor! :laugh: Im off to the hospital now to have a blood test to find out either way. Then back home to my bed, which yes I am sooooo sick of, never thought I would say that! The doc reckons once I have the right AB's in me (started them last night) I should be right to go back to work on friday!

Chatta, I agree with JJ about the enclosure, however in its place it is excellent. I take my lot down there occasionally but if anyone else wants to join us and my dogs don't know theres, I usually decline or leave but the cage etiquite is if you are there first then the other patry has to ask if it is ok to join in and if you say no they have to wait. We do prefer ALbert park mainly becasue my lot love to run and have lots of room. We definatley can't help you out with a play mate/date as such as my lot are very well socialized but not big players and are better off running with other dogs ather than actually playing with them. We have also found at the enclosure that the dogs that are already in the enclose generally claim the space so if other dogs are coming in this can be a recipie for disaster. We have found this even with dogs we are familiar with.

Anyway must be off to the hospital now.

Jj and CB how are the puppies going, any more pics!

Hope your blood test reveals exactly what you have. No point taking meds/AB's if you don't know what you're treating!

I had whooping cough months ago and even after it was gone, I had a niggling cough for months after... RJ knows all about this I believe!

Pups are doing really well and Tarni has proved that great Mums run in our line. She has been incredible.

post-14146-0-76786500-1311038188_thumb.jpg

post-14146-0-95627700-1311038200_thumb.jpg

Sad news yesterday to hear that Donna James who is doing the dog-show circuit in Northern Territory had to have one of her Vizslas PTS after it attacked someone. Apparently she has had temperament issues for a long time with this dog but it has been escalating of late. I am told he also flew at a group of children while in the NT so Donna did what she knew she should do. I couldn't imagine having to make a decision like that.

It's very sad, as this dog always appears to be so lovely and 'sooky' with me. Hard to understand.

Anyway, tlc you are our resident tech-head and I need some advice!

We recently got a Sony Handycam which we love, but we don't know how to upload video to You Tube.

We got it so we can take footage of the kids and post them so Chantel's family can see them but we don't know where to start! Any chance of a step-by-step "Loading Videos onto You Tube For Dummies & JJ's"?

Got to make you useful somehow while you're lazing in bed!..... ;)

Edited by jerojath

Jj can you tell me the make and model?

Poor Donna, was it Hunter? RIngo? I can imagine she would be devestated, I spoke to her at one point about one of her boys she said she was having troube with and she was right onto it. God I feel for her, it would be an aweful decision to make.

Great Tarni is a good mum, love the photos, Also have checked out your Repti life page, it looks great!

It was Ringo. :(

It is a Sony Handycam DCR-SX43. Are they all different? If it's a pain in the arse, please don't worry about it.

I've looked for an online tutorial...

I was working on our FB page yesterday just coz there is nothing more I can do now until we get the keys to the shop.

I was uploading some pictures of our products and realized a reptile keeper O/S had already found us, so I thought I may as well just 'launch' the page now. At least that way anyone interested can follow our progress before we open.

When we are actually open for business I will link the FB page to all my reptile forums etc and start generating some real interest.

We start working on our online reptile supplies store "Herpetology" soon, too. :)

On No not Ringo, :cry: he was a beautiful boy!

I just wondered what the model was to see if it had inbuilt memory or card, I see it has no inbuilt memory, are you just using an sd card to capture the video? I have a sony too and mine has a built in hard drive. I don't use mine much but they do come in handy occasioanlly. Great for sharing the kids with family!!

The easiest way to upload to you tube is to capture the video you want to use, A good trick is to keep the videos fairly short as they take a long time to upload depending on your connection. Save the captured file to your pc, keep a folder with the small movies in it so they are easy to find, then just go to you tube sign up for an account if you don't already have one. (its free) then just hit the upload button and follow the prompts, there is a few fields you have to fill in but once these are done just click upload and bobs your uncle, you can choose security so the vids are not public to anyone, I had a bit of trouble with this and as mine are mostly dogs I don't bother and mine are public to everyone. If you want more security have a bit of a read I'm sure there is a way to be able to have some people see it and others not, but like facebook.

Good luck let me know if you get it to work. If you want to put video on facebook that you have put on you tube, all I do is upload it to you tube then copy and paste the link to that particular video to facebook.

Edited by tlc

On No not Ringo, :cry: he was a beautiful boy!

I just wondered what the model was to see if it had inbuilt memory or card, I see it has no inbuilt memory, are you just using an sd card to capture the video? I have a sony too and mine has a built in hard drive. I don't use mine much but they do come in handy occasioanlly. Great for sharing the kids with family!!

The easiest way to upload to you tube is to capture the video you want to use, A good trick is to keep the videos fairly short as they take a long time to upload depending on your connection. Save the captured file to your pc, keep a folder with the small movies in it so they are easy to find, then just go to you tube sign up for an account if you don't already have one. (its free) then just hit the upload button and follow the prompts, there is a few fields you have to fill in but once these are done just click upload and bobs your uncle, you can choose security so the vids are not public to anyone, I had a bit of trouble with this and as mine are mostly dogs I don't bother and mine are public to everyone. If you want more security have a bit of a read I'm sure there is a way to be able to have some people see it and others not, but like facebook.

Good luck let me know if you get it to work. If you want to put video on facebook that you have put on you tube, all I do is upload it to you tube then copy and paste the link to that particular video to facebook.

I don't know if it has internal memory, but I do have a 16GB card in it now so I probably recorded onto that.

No worries, you can't go wrong really, use the mem card like you would a camera card to download your videos to your pc. and keep in mind shorter is better for uploading purposes. good luck.

Hey JJ, did you get a chance to play with the video?

I have created a You Tube account and read all about it, just haven';t had a chance to upload video yet.

It is a big file so will take some time and flat out with other things atm.

It looks pretty straight forward though so I should be fine, thanks!