Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Thanks JJ, been a pretty good day pain wise, I really thought I'd be in agony but it's all good. :thumbsup: Better not speak too soon, will see what tomorrow brings. Hope it's not as cold in the morning if you have to work but by the feel of outside now you'd better get your hot pack ready! :laugh:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was bloody cold this morning - I left at 4.15 this morning to go to Nth Vic for the day, and the windscreen was frozen even then. Even the water washers were frozen shut. A workmate went to hose off his frozen windscreen this morning and snapped the garden hose straight through cos it was so cold. :eek: Beautiful day in Nth Vic though. :thumbsup:

Hope the toe is feeling better soon tlc :)

More than once I have accidentally speared one on the garden fork. RIP froggy. I also get the little tiny brown ones (size of 5 cents) they come out of the kitchen tap...

:eek: Poor frogs!

Out of your tap?

Dunno what they could be... going by the size they would either be the Common Froglet or immature Southern Brown Tree Frogs. Both are plentiful out your neck of the woods.

Would LOVE a pic next time you find one in your tea! ;)

Well I wasted spent a bit of time looking at that frog link. We sure have plenty of the pobblebonks around and the geocrinia victorianas and also the leggy one Pseudophryne bibroni (if I have left the mowing a bit late these scramble out of the way amidst the mice and skinks).

I can't find anything that looks like the little translucent froglets ( which I presume are just out of tadpole stage) that come through the elderly pipes into the kitchen. Haven't seen any since the drought broke though.

BTW never had one come out when the water is flowing so never straight into the kettle, thank dog!! Shape wise they are much like the crineria signifera in the photo but the colour is quite translucent almost like dark honey with no spots or stripes and a slightly paler underside. Had cream eye-make-up if I'm remembering correctly. Oh and they jump! Not fun when you are chasing them around the kitchen with a colander and they always jump the other way...

Hey Jj, When you said you thought you seen a Jenny Gross look alike it didn't happen to be out at Gateway did it? I seen her today I think she works at Sanity. :laugh:

Hey Jj, When you said you thought you seen a Jenny Gross look alike it didn't happen to be out at Gateway did it? I seen her today I think she works at Sanity. :laugh:

I've seen her a few times and all 'sightings' were at Gateway (at least twice at KMart?)

I've not seen her at Sanity so may not be the same lass.... will go check tomorrow! :laugh:

Howdy all,

I've got family coming home for a visit which will be nice. Long weekend, be a good time just to chill out and enjoy each others company.

Lele is still growing large however she has eased off a little with the weight development this week. Only a few weeks to go I'm set and ready for the big day. Whelping is always a nervious time but at least I'm well prepared.

Family visits are always great. Will definatley look forward to puppy pics once they arrive, are you keeping one?

I hope to keep a female if we are bless with a suitable one. Certainly post pics when they are born.

Geez it's been quiet here! I think FB has become detrimental to DOL lately.

I haven't been on here much lately... been in the final stages of starting our new business and have been spending very little time on my various forums and stuff. Fifteen months of hard work is finally going to pay off though. Off to Melbourne on the weekend again to meet with prospective suppliers etc. I think I am exhausted and the really hard work is yet to begin! :eek:

tlc I have not been out to Gateway this week.... may get out tomorrow to investigate ;)

Cavalblaze all the best with your litter... hope there's a 'keeper' amongst them!

So how is everyone doing? Still no sign of tez. :(

Hey guys' not much planned for the long weekend, having a girls night on Friday night though (not to big though, I'm getting told old for late nights lol)...

Now we should all catch up one day for lunch, or dog walk... Haven't seen any of you for ages...

Hi T&T! :wave:

I'd love to get out for a walk with everyone too, but Tarni is all hormonal and cranky and doesn't even want to leave her sofa.

She's not handling pregnancy well.... don't think I'll let her have another litter, it doesn't seem fair if they really don't enjoy it!

She's a bloody sook in this cold weather too, she has her dinner on the patio at about 6:00pm and comes straight inside. She will refuse to go out to the toilet until after lunchtime the next day! I don't know how she holds on and when she eventually lets it go its like Niagara Falls!! :laugh:

Awwwww poor Tarni, JJ do you find some bitches enjoy being in pup? Maybe it's like Women some cope well and love it and some not so much!

Your right about Facebook and everyone pretty much knows my new all of it bad as usual. :laugh:

Were off o Bachuss Marsh on the weekend for a dog weekend, well have 6 Spoods, 3 schnauzers, and possibly a poodle, so praying for no rain so we can let the dogs run around outside. Where were going has 5 acres so we take the dogs for a big run then we all go inside and they are all pretty chilled out. Might be asking a bit much 10 dogs inside with energy to burn. :laugh: God help us. It's funny when we sit down for lunch, I would prefer the dogs to be outside but the host insists they all stay in. Usually there is only 7 dogs but they all sit around the floor as close to the table as possible as they know the host will feed them. ( side note mine are NOT allowed to do this at home) anyway it should be a good weekend!

Not sure if Maws will get a chance to pop in, she is off to NZ for work on Saturday. Will miss her while she's gone.

Miss Tez, and Tenties has been quiet of late too!

I think Tenties and RuralPug are busy studying the frog in their gardens (and kitchen sinks!)

I really don't think that the girls 'enjoy' being pregnant... I just think some cope better than others.

Belle had three litters for me, the first while very young, and she was just awesome. If I didn't know better I would say she enjoyed it... she just became so placid and affectionate and seemed to wear a permanent silly grin on her face! :laugh:

She was an incredible Mum too, best I have seen in any breed. I've never experienced such devotion to a litter.

Amy slowed down greatly when pregnant and went a bit sooky and wouldn't interact with me or anyone much. She seemed to become a loner, and once the pups were born she did what she had to do - nothing more. Once the pups were weened she was right back to her usual happy self.

Tarni is a lot less active and has to be forced to go for a walk. She is has also become sooky and 'needy' and has lost patience with anything at all stressful. For example, with my four kids and all the neighbors kids running around the house mad, Tarni used to just run around with them everywhere they went with tongue lolling and tail wagging. Since being mated she will escape the area, tail down, whinging. She has even growled at one of them for getting too close to her sofa! Needless to say, we have implemented some tough new rules at our place for the time being!

Edited by jerojath

She has even growled at one of them for getting too close to her sofa! Needless to say, we have implemented some tough new rules at our place for the time being!

Glad I'm not the only one. Lele is over it big time. Strangers she is a bit stand off with and she will bark and bark...not her usual self.

Weighted her yesterday, 18 day till due date. 10 kilos :eek: Prior to mating she was 7.5kilos.

Last litter 14 days prior to whelping she was 9.1 kilos. I'm tipping i have a rather full load on board.

Poor preggers dogs, would be great if they could talk and tell us what was up...

Wow TLC, your weekend sounds fantastic with all the fur friends for the spoodles to play with... They'll want to come home for a rest lol

Quiet in here!

Our weekend was good, pics on facebook of the dgos having a ferrel time. My friend has 5 acres and they just run amuck the whole time they are there!

Have spent the day today clipping all 4 then we went for a run down at harris street through to the woolen mill, then met up with Migs and Maws for a quick hello. Then to the dog wash, so I have 4 very short, tired doggies but they are not cold all snuggled up in thier jammies! Except for Bronson who told me off in no uncertain terms when he seen the PJ's, there was no way he was having a bar of them! :laugh:

Whats everyone else been up to?