Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it has certainly been interesting reading while I have been stuck on the side of the road with my car broken down, seems my radiator is void of water oops!! One not so happy OH cross because I am very car lazy and don't check my water and oil. Fingers crossed I havent got a cracked head!!

Bunnings won thier last race not sure where they ended up overall?

Uh Oh! Hope it's ok.

Ditto - it's a relatively new car, you'd think there would be a reason why it was out of water other than just run out? I don't need to touch the water or oil in mine between services.

We've had an interesting arvo/evening - took Darcy and Zee for a walk down the beach, walking along watching where I was putting my feet when they both stopped and looked at something. They'd found a penguin :scared: Poor little guy looked bright enough but obviously wasn't right given we were all within a metre of him and he wasn't running off. Got on the phone and tried WCC, DSE/DPI & directory services - finally I rang Mum and Dad who texted me the number for the wildlife rescue.

Rang them and they asked me to bring him in so I dropped him off at the Wildlife rescue place in Koroit. He was a bit snarky so fingers crossed he's still got some life in him. :mad

BUT the difficulty I had contacting someone highlights an issue - knowing who to contact in that situation, as I wasn't sure whether I should just leave him in case I did more harm than good by handling him. So the wildlife number is now in my phone for just those sort of situations.

For anyone who doesn't have it - it's 1300 094 535. I have some small stickers to put on cars etc if anyone would like one as well :(

Edited by Jess.

Well done on the rescue Jess. My first port of call is usually Shannon in that situation, she is a reg wildlife carer. Otherwise I would not have had a clue to call if something like that happened. Hope the little dude survives, I love penguins.

As for my car well it seemed ok for the rest of the trip home after OH put about 3 litres of water in it, so I will see how it goes over the next few days. fingers crossed it is all good. But I agree with you Jess, usually in all cars I have had there is hardly a need to put water in at all. So we will see.

:rofl: Tenties we just saw you heading back toward town from our place. We were running a little late and just missed you!

I thought i had missed you as you said you do your shopping on a Wednesday night ....I was running late cos at the Doctors the nurse who did the inr said she would give my results straight to my Doctor so i'd get in pretty quick to see him ( 2:15 )......only prob was he was not on today :eek: , i only found that out after going to the front desk and asking how much longer he would be :shrug: i then had to wait on a Indian Doctor who felt she knew more than me about what happened to me and what my treatment should be ???? :D i got out at 3:45 so was running a wee bit late myself....

have to go back in tomorrow cos i forgot a few things i had to do before i go into Hospital next week, just being prepared in case i cant see when i get out......

:( Tenties we just saw you heading back toward town from our place. We were running a little late and just missed you!

I thought i had missed you as you said you do your shopping on a Wednesday night ....I was running late cos at the Doctors the nurse who did the inr said she would give my results straight to my Doctor so i'd get in pretty quick to see him ( 2:15 )......only prob was he was not on today :love: , i only found that out after going to the front desk and asking how much longer he would be :thumbsup: i then had to wait on a Indian Doctor who felt she knew more than me about what happened to me and what my treatment should be ???? :eek: i got out at 3:45 so was running a wee bit late myself....

have to go back in tomorrow cos i forgot a few things i had to do before i go into Hospital next week, just being prepared in case i cant see when i get out......

Well I'm happy to help out any way I can when you get out of hospital, so stress not!

I am home today and the kids will be home at 3:45 if you still wanted to come out and meet 'the gang'. :)

Have you in my thoughts for tomorrow, Tenties. Plenty of puggy good healing vibes are being sent (and some Kelpie and Tentie ones too!)

Dont go in till the 2nd March RP which is next Wednesday thanks for your thoughts though and the Puggy , Kelpie and Tentie healing vibes, i need them to be ready for Noorat :provoke: i'm just hoping i can walk without wobbling :D my brain has adjusted to walking with my head on the side it will have to re-adjust after the op my only worry is that i couldnt walk once because of all this (the balance thing ) and had a walking frame ,i dont want to go back to it :)

:) Ooops! Will keep the vibes coming, though. Don't stress about the walking frame - if you need it temporarily while you readjust it's no big deal, 'cos the dogs already know to keep out the way, right? :thumbsup:

And if you still have it at Noorat, don't panic, I will be there at least one day, probably two and you can lean on me! LOL! Just had a visual ... now that would be double handling with a new twist!!! :):cry::(

:cheer: Ooops! Will keep the vibes coming, though. Don't stress about the walking frame - if you need it temporarily while you readjust it's no big deal, 'cos the dogs already know to keep out the way, right? :thumbsup:

And if you still have it at Noorat, don't panic, I will be there at least one day, probably two and you can lean on me! LOL! Just had a visual ... now that would be double handling with a new twist!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheer:

Yep i can see it too :cheer: , i dont think the Judges would have come across that style of double handling either :clap: oh well, i have others who could take BJ in, its just that he is such a brat :cheer::thumbsup:

Geez it's quiet in here!

What's everyone been up to?

Tenties and her Mum came out to my place for a visit the other night and met the snakes, and the spiny-tailed skink and the bearded dragons and the shinglebacks and the bluetoungues and the frogs. Don't think Mum was to impressed by them though was she Tenties?

Hope all goes well for you on Wednesday Tenties! Pop in here and update us when you can, and remember to sing out for help here, should you need it.

The very wonderful RuralPug has offered to pick up my new snakes in Adelaide and meet me in Hamilton next week with them.

She is a life-saver as no company will freight them by road (pussies!) and will only freight them airport to airport which doesn't help us here much does it!

So :laugh: RuralPug! :laugh: you're a star!

tlc how's the fund-raising going for the Greatest Shave? Have you told Tully what she's in for yet? :laugh:

Anyone heard from tez lately? Hope she's ok...

Edited by jerojath

She didnt mind them JJ, if she did she would have stayed in the car which she tried to do but i insisted she come in for a look :) how much will you be selling your baby Lizzard's for ??? im thinking and thinking :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ah I thought you seemed keen on the Bearded Dragons... I think one would look great upon your shoulder! :thumbsup:

The parents are worth $600 but it depends what the babies are like. The 'red' dragons are the valuable ones.

But, I'm sure we could 'spare' a couple for you Tenties, maybe on breeders terms? :thumbsup:

There are enough expenses setting up for them let alone buying the lizards!

Will keep you posted on her progress. :confused:

Ha Ha :rofl: Breeders terms on Lizzards :D That sounded so funny........ i had a 5 ft tank which i left behind at the farm bugga it had a glass top and a light as well, ive seen a couple of 2 ft and 3 ft tanks around , are these big enough ??? or should i just get a goldfish :D ( been there done that ) you do realise he/she would become a honary TT he/she might learn to catch rat's and mice here ???? what do they eat anyway ???