Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Gus and I and Aliie went to Bunnings today along with Tlc and Cooper, Shannon and Mawson and afew other doggie school people. It was pretty quiet in regards to customers but all the dogs were so relaxed and took it in their stride! Very proud of Gus...he was very calm so totally non-reactive to all the different and new sights and sounds!

Tlc...I hope your not feeling too bad with your back! You are such a trooper!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope your back is feeling better soon tlc ;) Mum has the same problem and I know how much trouble it gives her when it decides to go. ;)

Good on you all for doing the session at Bunnings :thumbsup: If it encourages a few more people to give their dogs some training it's a great thing :D

Darcy and Zee are totally flaked - they have had a big walk, walked from Gorman's Lane to Killarney beach and back with their mate Ivy - combined with a heap of ball retrieving and a heap of playing they did probably triple what we walked, so I'm not surprised they are bombed. Combined with two weave training sessions for Zee (who's up to weaving 6 poles ;) ) they are so stuffed Zee is snoring :D

One section of the beach there was a heap of dead fish - all the same type and size, some kind of cod by the look, and what I think may have been a sunfish carcase. Hard to tell but I can't think what else it would've been. :o

Thanks Tez, I have been flat out and sleeping most of the arvo, It was probly a little long but Im pretty tough! :thumbsup: and at least I have another week to recouperate. Cooper hasnt done much but Sleep most of the arvo.

I was so proud of him too, non reactive to everything except the people of course who had to pat him as they went past. I was totally amazed at one lady he jumped up on her (he never jumps up unless he is really desperate to say hello) and this lady happened to be one of my daycare mums from nearly 4 years ago who Cooper knew as a young puppy but there was definatley recognision (sp) there, is it possible they remember someone after all that time??

I think I can safely say Cooper is completely rehabilitated and I am over the moon about that.

Please thank Allie for taking some of the pics, they were great, I will post some here shortly. Also I hope she doesnt mind but I used one of her in my 365 project, this one. Let me know if she doesn't want to me to use it and I can change it to another pic.

5338285686_2e342c0d59.jpg

A girl and her dog by CLTB, on Flickr

Hope your back is feeling better soon tlc ;) Mum has the same problem and I know how much trouble it gives her when it decides to go. ;)

Good on you all for doing the session at Bunnings :thumbsup: If it encourages a few more people to give their dogs some training it's a great thing :D

Darcy and Zee are totally flaked - they have had a big walk, walked from Gorman's Lane to Killarney beach and back with their mate Ivy - combined with a heap of ball retrieving and a heap of playing they did probably triple what we walked, so I'm not surprised they are bombed. Combined with two weave training sessions for Zee (who's up to weaving 6 poles ;) ) they are so stuffed Zee is snoring :D

One section of the beach there was a heap of dead fish - all the same type and size, some kind of cod by the look, and what I think may have been a sunfish carcase. Hard to tell but I can't think what else it would've been. :o

Thanks Jess, I am slowly on the mend but it sure is a pain!

Sounds like you and the dogs had a ball on the beach, it would have been nice out there today too. Have you seen any bait signs about this year? I haven't been out this season as my OH is paranoid I will get caught by a ranger, especially now there is technically no dogs allowed off lead on any of the beaches in summer out there. they even canned dogs allowed on the main beach in Killarney and it was always a dog friendly area.

Having said that I have never seen any official people out there. My girlfriend takes her two to a beach further along near the golf course, it is a lot more deserted, she goes about 4 times a week and has never seen any rangers of any sort. It is such a good beach out there, I love it because it is so good to walk on being a lot harder than our beaches in town.

Wierd about the fish, something must have killed them and made them wash up, bit scary when you think about it.

Just quickly....

Jess I am sure you are right in it being a Sunfish you saw.

There was a pic in last weeks Standard of a fairly large (1.5 meters???) Sunfish washed up at Killarney.

Odd that there was two of them though but then I think they wash up quite easily in storms.

There is bait signs up - I checked when they first put the info in the standard and the baits are laid from the mouth of the swamp (something Cutting?) through to Levy's Beach. Which is why I go to where I go to and walk back towards Killarney.

Where does it say there is no dogs off lead :thumbsup: The signs there say under effective control, and they ask you to leash your dog near the "fences" for the birds but that's all I've seen. I'm down there 2 to 3 times a week at the moment and while it's always quiet (which is why I go there) you rarely see dogs on lead. Never seen a ranger, only the occasional Parks Vic person.

So where are you allowed to have dogs off lead on the beach? Other than Logan's. :D

Great pics - I know you work there but how did you go taking the dogs inside? I had Zee as a baby puppy in my arms as I had to duck in quickly to grab something and I got booted out. Told whoever it was it was too warm to leave a baby puppy in the car and they didn't care. :D

Just quickly....

Jess I am sure you are right in it being a Sunfish you saw.

There was a pic in last weeks Standard of a fairly large (1.5 meters???) Sunfish washed up at Killarney.

Odd that there was two of them though but then I think they wash up quite easily in storms.

Could've been the same one JJ - it was only one beach around from Killarney itself. How cool, pity we didn't get to see it a bit "fresher" :thumbsup:

Jess, last time I spoke to parks Vic they were the ones who told me there is no dogs allowed off leash from Kilarney way back to left and further? Also certain parts where no digs were allowed at all. Perhaps it has changed now? It was In the paper about the Kilarney beach apparently people not doing the right thing :thumbsup: You know the old story one makes it hard for everyone else.

Kilarney beach to port fairy is governed by Moyne shire and from Kilarney beach back towards Warrnambool is parks Vic. But honestly I got the run around last year trying to get the right info about dogs on beaches, the people I spoke to didnt have much of a clue and kept passing the buck. The rules are not very clear for anyone to follow!

There is another dedicated off leash dog beach in town, it is at Ritchies point, you know where you go to Logans well just before you go over the bridge you take the right turn and go to the end of the road, there is two entrances to the beach one to the left and one to the right, the one to the right is off leash dog all year round and runs from there to the flume.

It really annoys me though as the steps down to the beach are off limits, but I just shimmy down the side of the bank, you can use the steps but there is a big drop off at the bottom. Shimmying back up poses a bit of a problem, as it is pretty steep, andi am not very agile these days especially with my doggy back. When I go down there, I usually take the ball thrower and the dogs just play as the sand is way to soft for me to walk in. That's why I love Killarney the sand is so much harder.

With regards to Bunnings we got asked to have the modern dog training display with dogs by the community events organizer, and i jumped at the idea as i thought it was a good way to get awareness out there as we do get forgotten and people only think there is one dog club in town. I think it was also because we are a non profit organization. And Bunnings as you would know are very community minded. They like to have something in the store each weekend over summer. But I did get the impression not everyone was on board with the idea. But you are right there is no dogs allowed in store only guide dogs, assistant dogs etc

Think I have raved on enough now! :D

Well I'm just a little disappointed tonight.

I had entered both local Championship Shows held late January with Tarni.

I hate showing these days but need to get her points up, and was looking forward to catching up with some of you as well as some other old dog show friends. Tenties idea of a BBQ sounded great and I was planning to have a few drinks.... something I just don't do these days.

We have just worked out that we will be moving house on that weekend! :D

I may still be able to pop over for a quick catch-up but wont be able to stick around or show Tarni.

If you guys need to borrow the BBQ, just sing out.

Which reminds me.... Tenties you never did tell us what you got yourself for Christmas! C'mon... spill!

JJ, why cant you give Tarni to someone to show ??? How about RJ ??? she will need the experience for when she gets her own dog ?? at least you wouldnt have wasted your money then ?? i could show her but dont think i could run with my eyes ?? not that you need eyes to run but... :thumbsup:

oh and :thumbsup: right back at ya :)

Great pic's tlc, glad the day went well and that your back coped with it all, and it must have been great seeing the Elusive tez at long last :eek:

Well I'm just a little disappointed tonight.

I had entered both local Championship Shows held late January with Tarni.

I hate showing these days but need to get her points up, and was looking forward to catching up with some of you as well as some other old dog show friends. Tenties idea of a BBQ sounded great and I was planning to have a few drinks.... something I just don't do these days.

We have just worked out that we will be moving house on that weekend! :o

I may still be able to pop over for a quick catch-up but wont be able to stick around or show Tarni.

If you guys need to borrow the BBQ, just sing out.

Which reminds me.... Tenties you never did tell us what you got yourself for Christmas! C'mon... spill!

JJ, why cant you give Tarni to someone to show ??? How about RJ ??? she will need the experience for when she gets her own dog ?? at least you wouldnt have wasted your money then ?? i could show her but dont think i could run with my eyes ?? not that you need eyes to run but... ;)

oh and :love: right back at ya :p

Great pic's tlc, glad the day went well and that your back coped with it all, and it must have been great seeing the Elusive tez at long last :)

Because she's a cow and wont work for anyone but me.

:(

hi tlc i am still here ive just been really busy

sorry i didnt get to bunnings but it looked like you had a good time with the pups

thanks for your pm i did get it and that is really intresting.

how is your back going? how is every one else going?

Hi Lizzy glad your still about and kicking. Im slowley on the mend, my OH is great and been looking after me well and so have the pups, they hardly leave my side! Im hoping by Thursday to get the pups for a bit of a run and will probly go to harris street that way i dont have to walk far. So if anyone wants to come with let me know, it would be good to have a catch up.