Raw Question

Cat

Other threads have said that RAW is better if you want to alter photos in Photoshop. do you have to do anything to be able to view the RAW image in Photoshop? I am trying to open them in Photoshop Essentials (which could be the problem?) but it doesn't recognise the format. My camera manual claims I need Nikon software to be able to view RAW images which seems kinda strange if other people are altering them in Photoshop.

Other threads have said that RAW is better if you want to alter photos in Photoshop. do you have to do anything to be able to view the RAW image in Photoshop? I am trying to open them in Photoshop Essentials (which could be the problem?) but it doesn't recognise the format. My camera manual claims I need Nikon software to be able to view RAW images which seems kinda strange if other people are altering them in Photoshop.

Need to know what camera and what version of Adobe Photoshop Elements you are running.

Try installing the camera RAW update from here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4036

It says it is not compatible with my program, but thanks anyways :thumbsup:

Strange - it says on the download page:

"The Camera Raw 4.6 plug-in is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS3, versions of Photoshop Elements earlier than Photoshop Elements 4.01 for Macintosh or Photoshop Elements 5.0 for Windows, or versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 3.0."

So it should work.