Climbs On Kitchen Bench

OK - I've got 30m of fishing line, 2.5kg of blue tac, one red 8 liter bucket, a pile of old newspapers, 7 VB stubbies (5 empty, 2 full), 4 skyhooks, a left handed screw driver, a welding kit and a bucket of sparks, a 1989 Oxford English dictionary, 1 chicken breast fillet and a box of thumbtacks.

Oh and a motion detecting webcam.

Ideas?

Ok now what you need to do is, hang the chicken breast fillet from the roof with the fishing line and skyhooks to entice your dog up and on to the bench so you can catch him in the act and effectively punish him, break the VB stubbies and stick them to the bench with bluetac (just like businesses do with glass bottles on top of there brick fences in areas such as redfern) this will no doubt be uncomfortable under your dogs feet.

When you dog jumps up and on to the bench you have to immediately run out of the next room banging the old newspapers against the bucket whilst you yell at you dog with a whole new bunch of swear words that you have learned from the oxford dictionary.

You should have created an appropriate tripod to hold the motion detecting camera in place to catch this priceless moment so you can post the video on dol, the left handed screw driver – bucket of sparks and thumbtacks are totally unnecessary and will no doubt offend many of the purely positive dog trainers who frequent dol.

There are many more great methods of dog training similar to this mentioned in the Koehler Method of Dog Training which I suggest you purchase and read.

Good luck and I look forward to the video.

Oh dear...I know this is for all intents & purposes a thread for serious suggestions but this has to be one of the funniest threads I have read and this post in particular had me in stitches! :thumbsup:

Good luck Luke - I have nothing helpful to add - I'm just coming in for the giggles!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Luke... I hope the injuries have healed, the cardboard and cellophane are back where they belong, and that you now have the video camera working!!!!

Yeah, the hand is much better now.

After the last disaster, which I've realised was the result of poor planning, I've decided to create some drawing and mockups.

I've taken photos of all my bits and peices and I'm started to shuffle things around looking for the best plan.

The bucket of sparks isn't pictured because I don't want to touch it until I have to.

bench.jpg

Edited by Luke W

Lol - i find it effective to yell "argh!" from where ever i am in the house when Zero is doing something naughty (like taunting the cat) - he knows what it means!

As for Barkley, well he's just too darn cute to yell at... I think you should just resign yourself to having your dishes "cleaned" by a gorgeous black and white dog. Fail.

LOL I want to see more cunning plans devised with the tools supplied!!!

& then I shall buy said contraption from Luke to use on Saki, who is big enough to counter surf without needing any access ramps :o

The only thing I can come up with is to leave the chicken breast on the bench as the dogs won't bother going for human food when there's a raw chicken breast on offer...

Or grab a bed sheet and the hooks and make a hammock hanging over the kitchen bench, from which you can drink the beer and push the dog off the counter every time it jumps on...

Or roll the giant ball of bluetac for the dog to chase, which it will then try to pick up, find its jaws and all its teeth firmly implanted into said ball and will be unable to use said evil teeth to devour stolen treats from said bench counter, negating all and any need for said dog to climb on said kitchen bench as said in the first place. Said.

Yep *nods* :rofl:

Train Barkly to fetch the beer for you! He could also cook the chicken in the microwave and when you're in your hammock he could push it for you!

Um though couldn't you try and tape a barrier to your bench, like a cardboard box around the edges, now we can see a pic of it? You could put bells on it so you know when he is trying to get up there! He is so very cute though!