Dogs At Work

The gentleman who bred my Bahraini import takes a lot of photos on their hunting expeditions and uploads them to You Tube. I would love to go there one day but for now I find these photo montages really fascinating. And let's face it, rather intimidating, in that "how the heck do I live up to this?!" kind of way. The collars are GPS collars.

Corvus, dead hares in these, you might want to skip them.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KzsGaFHshNU

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=E6TypB2-Coo

And if you want to keep looking you can just follow his user ID.

I would LOVE to see videos or photo montages recommended by others as good examples of dogs working at their original purpose. I've looked for gundog stuff after seeing a couple of shooting segments on the Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall River Cottage episodes but couldn't find anything that showed much. Also, if you're not in the breed, it's harder to know how authentic it is.

If you keep looking for Saluki stuff you will eventually find bored young gulf states men throwing cats into a pack of dogs and a lot of other stuff that isn't in the spirit of the traditional work of the dogs. I'm sure this kind of stuff exists for other breeds too. This is why I didn't post this into the General Forum, especially not with what's in the press at the moment :rofl:

Edited by anita

I love the second video where the Saluki is carrying the hare and the hawk still has a grip like 'NOOOO I found it first you're not taking my glory!" :p

wonderful wonderful montages its such a shame we don't do this here in Australia.

Corvus, dead hares in these, you might want to skip them.

Thanks for the heads up. :laugh: I found a dried up dead hare in the field this week. It was kinda disturbing, but my fascination for dead things won out in the end. Might skip the fresh ones, though.