Fun Things To Train Inside In The Heat

OK I need some new ideas on tricks/behaviours I can train inside while the temperature is 30+ like today :love:

I would love to get some more ideas for shaping, so I can improve with it. I do some already (mostly targetting stuff for agility and obedience) but do still find it frustrating at times.

So feel free to add your ideas here and we can share :laugh:

What are you trying to do .. make me feel guilty? :) It's nowhere near 30 here, but quite warm for Tassie, and there's a horrible warm wind blowing - not nice to be outside, say the dogs, who are both sound asleep inside.

Anyway ..... there are some articles on Melissa Alexander's Clicker Solutions site here that may give you some ideas.

NOw to get myself motivated, and wake up the dogs ......... or perhaps not :eek: .

:) Tassie - I'll send you mine its warm today and yet both are eager as anything for some strange reason. I went downstairs to see what the pair were barking at and I was bombarded with tug toys for varying descriptions from both dogs. Edited by ness

KC - is that t shirt along with the CR addicts or agility addict t shirts we were talking about previously :)

Sure is - I'll have a website full of them at this rate - along with the ones that say 'only one course fault and always something different every time' and 'obstacle out of order queen!' :eek:

It's been insanely hot in Perth the past couple of weeks so I've been working on scent discrimination and send aways with Ruby in the house. Not much room in here to work on heelwork which is what I really wanna focus on with trials coming up!! :o

Zero and I have been working on backend awareness (with a plastic crate rather than phonebooks because Zero is terrible at doing it on phonebooks!), a couple of other tricks like beg (he sucks at keeping his balance), dead dog (so he lies on his side) and shaking/nodding his head and we're also working on his heeling position in the hall, and his retrieve.

OK I need some new ideas on tricks/behaviours I can train inside while the temperature is 30+ like today :)

What do you mean when it's 30+ - I do all my training inside no matter what the weather :o .

you can train just about any trick in the house, same as the retrieve, send away, presents in front for recall/retrieve, back end awareness as others have mentioned - it's almost limitless :rolleyes: .

Edited by MrsD

What about training to put things in a basket/bin? Take your socks off! Leg weaves! I got a Dog Tricks book for Christmas - can you tell?lol Dog Tricks by Mary Ray, Justine Harding.

:p I got that book too. But haven't got any further than flipping through it.