Meeting A Butcher - Perth People Rejoice!

My dad who is a big foodie found a great butcher a few weeks ago and is his new best mate. He told me the other day he'll take me to the shop and intorduce me to him - I'm having dreams of all the hard to get stuff I can order for the dogs (and me too) - brains, tongue, hogget, all those off cuts that end up in the bin - or in pies mmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Garden Girl

Well the first contact has been a success - dad called to say he had a leg of hoggett (now I just need 10 friends to invite around for dinner it is huge!) and the butcher threw in a whole bag of lamb (presumably) off cuts - all good meat and a bit of fat, a shank and another bone I dont know what part of the animal it is though....is it possible its a knee cap?

Woo Hoo :rofl:

My dad who is a big foodie found a great butcher a few weeks ago and is his new best mate. He told me the other day he'll take me to the shop and intorduce me to him - I'm having dreams of all the hard to get stuff I can order for the dogs (and me too) - brains, tongue, hogget, all those off cuts that end up in the bin - or in pies mmmmmmmmmm.

Do you know anyone with chooks? If so make sure you get the bansaw dust for them - it's the fine marrow and stuff from the bansaw and chook people love it, pure protein!

Happy to update - went to the shop today - and lets just say I need to buy another freezer.

He had fresh brains - free range whole chooks for $8 - tongue - all the offal you could poke a stick at (not to mention a ton of meat for me and OH)

Plus he threw in a massive bag of dog bones for free.

Really impressed by it all.

Its at Morris Place shops in Innaloo - highly recommend it.

Happy to update - went to the shop today - and lets just say I need to buy another freezer.

He had fresh brains - free range whole chooks for $8 - tongue - all the offal you could poke a stick at (not to mention a ton of meat for me and OH)

Plus he threw in a massive bag of dog bones for free.

Really impressed by it all.

Its at Morris Place shops in Innaloo - highly recommend it.

Oooh, I work at Ossie Pk, so that would be really handy for me - but I'm not familiar with the shops, it's not the little shopping centre next to the big one is it? The butcher next to IGA?

Is Morris place the street name?

Innaloo is just near me too and I'm looking for a butcher that might be able to get me more exotic stuff..

I think it's actually inside the smaller shopping centre on Ellen Stirling Boulevard, next to the larger Innaloo Shopping centre. I'm not sure of the street name between the 2 shopping centres, maybe that's Morris?

Its on Morris Place which is off Morris St (I think) near where that pub The Saint is - so no - its not the main big Innaloo Shopping Centre opposite Ikea.

Someone has kindly graffitti-ed over the street sign so you might miss it.

Ah, OK, it's not the butcher I was thinking of then.

I'll have to go google Morris Place now!