The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ravyk Loved the glasses and the sunset. The fridge stuff was so so so gross, it is amazing how that mould looks, did you edit them or are they strait off the camera?

basically yeah the photos are untouched. my camera tends to wash out colour of shots so i just added a soft light mask to bring back some of the more...er...interesting colours of the mould :laugh:

Loving all the photos. tlc that action shot is a crackup. Is it a bird, is it a plane, no it's superdog. Wish I could get action shots of my crew but they are always sleeping. This photo a day can be addictive, you wouldn't believe how much time I have wasted this morning looking for something interesting. In the end I just settled for a shot of my glasses and case. Obviously when they aren't on my head they spend their time gazing wistfully at the Eiffel Towel. :laugh: I was trying to capture the really deep red of the glasses case but the camera washed it out and no matter what I tried with the basic editing tools that I have nothing came close so I just put it back the way it came, little bit of cleaning cloth poking out and all. ;) I didn't notice that til I posted it and can't be bothered going back to fix it, so what ya see is what ya gets.

Glasses.jpg

Thanks guys for the tips on canvas places. I will do some research into the best price. :laugh: Chloes Dad I just realised who you are on flickr. ;)

CM and TLC thank you for your kind words on Roc. I think he is a big dreamy hunk of a dog as well..... little bias. :eek: But he is so patient and has wonderful expression to capture on camera and he makes it so much fun. I promise to get some Ralph-machine soon..... I just realised I have only done one of him. :rofl: Poor little guy must be feeling like I've put "baby in the corner".

My friend left her umbrella at my house so it became todays subject. Back in my new photography room... :mad

3210759419_de34b54cd9.jpg

3210758585_3d92353b35.jpg

Edited by Rocco1

It was to cold, wet and windy to go out to take a pic today, so going with the schnauzer theme! This young lady likes to steal my seat at the computer

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/snazy2...nt=DSCF0127.jpg

Sorry to add it as a link, for some reason it won't let me copy and paste the normal code!!

You've just copied the wrong code - that one's the share one and you want the direct link :laugh: People can browse through all your photos with that one.

Very cute dog!

I am still loving this thread, great work everyone :confused:.

I have been a bit slack the past couple of days. But here is 1 from Saturday evening at the Ocean Grove dog beach......

3211258865_76c3a6b636_o.jpg

The sun setting over the beach.

3211295223_ba640f6a76_o.jpg

So when are we moving to the beach Mum?

Edited by Clover

I've got to get back into this. I had 3 days of photos on my card and went to download them and the camera said card unusuable and gave me coice but to format :confused:

Still no pic for today - having a hard day today. I could have got a great blue tongue lizard photo if I wasn't at home by myself and attempting to keep 2 boeder collies and a beagle away from the silly thing that decided to sun themselves on a log in their yard!! Will see what I can get later this evening.

I have a sad, sad story to tell ;) It involves a helpless victim, whos defences are no match for the rampaging pillagers.

the victim.............

IMG_2773t.jpg

the terrible carnage :confused:

IMG_2772tcs.jpg

the heartless attackers with some of their spoils

they just look cute, they're really horrible!

IMG_2774tcs.jpg

IMG_2771tcs.jpg

these were just taken not long ago so they're a bit dark, the sun's getting low. I couldn't be bothered changing lenses.

Oh, and there's probably 30 or more nectarine pips on the grass, I will be lucky to get one.

Edited by Kirislin

Huga great shot of the well loved Cuz

lea, becks, poodlemum , poocow just love all the dog photos

montall "what you see is what you get" is perfect

rocca brilliant photos as usual.

persephone i have some of those flowers. I tried for photos but didn't come out . well done

clover lovely sunset and doggies playing

bindi-boo love the horsey photos.

kirislin Oh what a sad story ;) you told it so well :confused:

todays Photo

RIMG1310.jpg

Edited by MTD

Great shot of the cuz ball, Huga, love Harry looking on. :laugh:

lea, lovely photo, love it.

Montall, looks very very vogue.

Rocco, Wow, so professional looking.

persephone, I love those colours.

Clover, gorgeous sunset, I have never been able to capture one. :( Love the puppies at the beach.

Poodlemum, and poocow, love the poods. :thumbsup:

MtD, such vibrant colours.

Kirislin, I love the last photo the best, that dog has the most adorable face.

Hi Guys, another day drawing to an end.

Kirisliin, I love your story pics, gee they sure did suck them pips down to the very core!!

MTD, your flower is lovely very cleverly done, love th shadows on the wall!!

Iltby, your pics are great once again, love the butterfly especailly great capture!!

here is mine for today, it is very hard to stick with justone, I cant decide, and Im loving the fact that a lot are posting more than one, makes for a sotry i reckon.

Mine are a few more action shots, not as good as yesterdays capture but ok and I do feel im getting better all the time, just cant figure out what is the best shutter speed to work with everytime I think ive got it, I get pics that just havent worked out. So Im just working in semi manual in P letting the camera decide on shutter and Apeture, slack I know!!

First one is Cooper from the back

January 20th

DSC_0011edit1.jpg

Second one is Tully I call this flying blind!! it was an especailly windy afternoon here and im sure she had her eye shut cause the sheer force of the wind was blowing her eye lids nearly inside out :thumbsup:

DSC_0039edit1.jpg

the third one is my oldest girl Lacy, this one goes to show just how windy it was!!

DSC_0058edit1.jpg

tlc...love the flying hears....your shots always look so clear.....same for you Poocow....lovely Leo, sad time for the owners, I hope they have looks of lovely memories of Benson.

MTD the flower is a beauty, is that a bromliead? or ginger? (i cant spell :laugh: )

ILTBY....the cricket is definately the cutest......but I couldn't go there!!!! I have a phobia of them :thumbsup: ......rather take pics of spiders...the hairier & bigger the better :(

Krislin....those evil whippies....do they really eat off the fruit & spit out the pips.... :p

Edited by Poodle Mum