The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew going on an internet diet was going to be hard ... there are so many pictures every time I come in here that I have no hope of commenting on them individually - I'd have to take notes. They're all fabulous!

Here's yesterday's shot. We went for a drive to a spot called Boar Gully in the Brisbane Ranges. I really liked the look of this tree stump.

3206004514_a17cb6bb20.jpg

And I've got 2 for today. Leila is trying to put her shoes up on one of the outside tables here. For some reason it took a great deal of concentration.

3206004616_9974df90fe.jpg

The she put her shoes on. Standing on her head is an integral part of the process. :):)

3205161389_f62df04cfa.jpg

Had to take a photo for a portrait contest on dA today and the only person around was me :) So I spent most of the day trying to get a decent self portrait which resulted in a lot of frustration. Finally got this though, which I'm fairly happy with for a first attempt-

IMG_33122.jpg

Canon 1000D

Lens: 1.4 50mm

Shutter speed: 1/500

F number: 1.4

ISO: 800

CM answer to your question is I direct everything. I am always moving her around how I want it. I think she gets sick of me as I can get alittle bossy. :)

Ashanali thanks on your comment my sister is all good, she got grumpy tits today but I bought her muffin to cheer her up. Your pictures are divine. The sunsets are amazing.

I haven't had a chance to look through everyones properly but I am sure they are all great.

Had a play with some texture today.

3206070864_dbbfbc35fc.jpg

3206070252_4498ff848f.jpg

3206069958_958cc5c62d.jpg

Some people are posting pictures at a 500 pixel size now and I think that is a great

viewing size (might also help people on dial up?)

Rocco: love that first one of yours from today. I was immediately transported back

in time and could imagine high ceilings, horse trots on the old radio, a musty/smoky

smell and even a grandfather clock ticking somewhere :)

Ravyk Lovely birds. What sort are they ? that is the first two

ILTBY its so nice to have wild birds come visit. I have just moved , no trees /shrubs yet so I get no visitors . Hopefully this will change soon.

Great portrait shot :)

montall great macro shots. Also like how the water "rolls:

Huga captured that puglet look so well . Gorgeous photo :love: The clothline is very good.

Rocco Love the dress and the model. Looks so 60 ish :)

pointeeblab love the kitty peeping through the hole and the soulfull one. The eyes sure tell the story .

lea some serious talking " secret dog's talk " lovely photo

Poocow great action shot. Love the " in for the kill" look

clicking mad also a very good action shot .

aquaticmalamute what a great shot . The Dane is taking it all in.

jayC is that an orchard ? Good effect with the glass behind

tlc Love the portrait shots. One thing I have never really done. Now to find a willing subject :laugh:

clover great fluke shot.

becks your wet night photo reminds me so much of my friends place in England.

PPS The Horse Photo is awsome. It would make a good poster or postcard/greeting card

kirislin what a gorgeous yellow flower.

Jag love the Willy Wag Tail . Looks like he is leaving in a huff :love:

Ashanali brilliant photos . :) love the sunsets

Popsicle gorgeous photo of leila doing a headstand . Priceless

Everyones photos are brilliant. I love looking at such an array of different subjects and ideas.

the pic I had planned to put up didn't work, I couldn't tell until I got home and saw it on my computer, my eyesight is that bad. so I just went out and snapped this plant. I would love to be able to capture a shot of the native bee that visits it, maybe tomorrow. I beleive it's called the blue banded bee, but I think of it as the blue arsed fly because it zooms around like one. I wondered if that is where the expression came from.

IMG_2732cs.jpg

MTD........Yum :) they look divine! Just right with a cup of coffee......yes please!........Great pics.

Ash....I love the sunset.

Very pensive Josie.....a great self portrait.

Evryone pics are great......I can't remember all the names to go with the pics.. :):laugh: You guys give me inspiration....& the realisation for the need a new lens :)

Thanks so much Mag and PM :) It is lovely having wild birds around, Mag. I was a bit hesitant in putting the portrait shot up as I'm very self conscious :) I haven't taken anything else today though.

ETA: Mag, they look really delicious. What are they?

ETA 2: Popsicle your daughter is gorgeous!

Edited by iltby

Can't remember if I have used this gumflower yet. But this is its 3rd flush of blossoms. I love it....I planted it right in the middle of the yard....I I admire the blossums everyday :laugh: ....usually on the way to the clothesline :)

DSC_0004-1.jpg

This is what I was trying to photograph this arvo, as she is sooo cute. But when I asked her to seat on the chair & smile.....this is what she did :)

CSC_0006.jpg

3yo niece.....I relised no pics today of her :)