The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gosh I have seen some great photos here, so much tallent. Ash love some of your ones. Ruf, hope you work out whatever is eating your camera. It could just be the canon thing :( ;)

Not much time for PP stuff today but took the dogs to the river early as ruger was feeling good. Unfortunatly I cant always get a photo every day but I will try. This back to work thing sucks :(

Love this Ruger!! Their expressions are great :)

Rocco... you mean the snobbiest dog park in the world is your local?

Gotta love the Powerhouse. It is the staple of all Brisbane wedding photographers. :(

:( Yep that would be my local, which I don't use. I think the crowd there would pick up their dogs and run screaming from the park if I rocked up with the big guy. ;)

Hence why I feel a tad blah about my picture as I see photographers always hovering around that place. :) It is cool though I must admit. Plus I love Watt even if it is a big rip-off. :o

Rocco... you mean the snobbiest dog park in the world is your local?

Gotta love the Powerhouse. It is the staple of all Brisbane wedding photographers. :(

:( Yep that would be my local, which I don't use. I think the crowd there would pick up their dogs and run screaming from the park if I rocked up with the big guy. ;)

They ran screaming from two pointers last year. :)

It's going pretty well, am finding it a lot more fun now that I'm using manual focus :(

Here's today's results, not really sure whether I like either of them :( -

IMG_20343.jpg

IMG_20313.jpg

Canon 1000D

100mm macro lens

Shutter speed: 1/125

F number: 2.8

ISO: 800

Edited by iltby

It's going pretty well, am finding it a lot more fun now that I'm using manual focus :(

Here's today's results, not really sure whether I like either of them :( -

Well, I'd like it better if I could drink it, what is it, vanilla or banana, either way, yummmmmmmmm!

Edited by Kirislin

Well, I'm back to the animals, but not a dog....todays' photo is a cat.

I call the picture "Magnificence".

Meet Kate, my drop dead gorgeous Maine Coon girl. She is 3 years old, weighs around 10kg and measures about a metre from the tip of her toes to the end of her tail when she's lying down. She's one VERY big pussycat, and a sweeter, more docile cat you'd never find. She was bred by Coonhaven Maine Coons and came to us after I saw her photo online and fell in love with her. She has been with us for around 2 1/2 years and I just love her to bits.

padcat3.jpg

That is one hairy cat, GayleK! She's beautiful!

That milkshake looks mighty tasty, iltby!

EDT - love the banana shot!!!!!!!!! Your dogs are hilarious!!!!!

Here's my attempt... Gotta love when a storm comes through on a hot day!!!!!

3176380232_5d834a51c2.jpg

Edited by TerraNik

Is this challenge by invite only, or can a novice with a crappy camera join in? :noidea:

I've got 4 days out of 7 so far, and have been a bit apprehensive to post upon seeing all the great photos, cameras and techniques used here; but they have inspired me to a. take pictures of things other than the dog, and b. aspire to one day own a decent camera!

Is this challenge by invite only, or can a novice with a crappy camera join in? :(

I've got 4 days out of 7 so far, and have been a bit apprehensive to post upon seeing all the great photos, cameras and techniques used here; but they have inspired me to a. take pictures of things other than the dog, and b. aspire to one day own a decent camera!

You are definitely most welcome, there's all sort of cameras and all levels of skill and experience here. Post away!! :noidea: