Easiest To Us 1st Digital Camera?

mita

Any recommendations for an easy to use 1st digital camera for an older lady? Mainly for sending pics by email around her geographically spread out family.

Someone has suggested one of the Samsung digital cameras as being very good for a not high-tech person because it's easy to use but results in good pics.

But I can't remember the model number.

I would get something that has a nice big lcd screen and adequately large buttons as some of the very small cameras can be a pain to work.

Any of the major players have good offerings for what you need and virtually every compact/point&shoot camera out there has a "set it and forget it" mode (P or Auto or the green box etc, depending on the model).

I love the Canon range, but the Casios are quite nice, too. I find my Casio is easier for my own Grandmother to use as it has a bigger screen and a bigger shutter button. Kodak, Nikon, Olympus, Fuji ... can't go too wrong!

Thank you for all these suggestions. Thanks, too, for bringing up things I hadn't thought of.....like the bigger buttons &

maybe anti-shake technology.

I'm pleased to hear that virtually all the compacts from major players have 'set it & forget it' mode.....because that's what I'd see as essential for this lady.

Off to start working thro' the list.