Artemis Fresh Mix

Hi, I have tried a few brands of dry food and all my girl would do was maybe have a taste,sniff and walk away, and give me the look as if to say you want me to eat that.

Well after reading on here on DOL about the Artemis I thought I'd buy it to try, low and behold she eats it with gutso now and gets all excited and wiggles her cute lil butt and wags her tail,when she sees me getting the container out. Today is day 4 of her eating it.

Other brands I have tried were : Advance for puppies when we first bought her home, Eaglepack holistic , Nutro choice , Royal canin, and now the Artemis.

So to any other fussy fur kids out there give it a whirl. :thumbsup:

Are we talking about the Adult Fresh Mix or the Grain Free Maximal Dog? I originally used the Adult Fresh Mix which contains grain and that's the one that caused loose poo and gas in my dogs. I've just bought a bag of the Grain Free and they had it last night, so far so good they haven't pooed yet but they don't have any gas which was immediately noticeable the next morning when I fed the food containing grain. Hopefully this one will work :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this topic.....I'm thinking of trying the Artemis Fresh Mix Adult for Ziggy. He's currently on EP Holistic and his poos are very soft. Every 2nd night he gets a frame and they firm up a treat. I can't feed him the grain free version as it's way too high in protein for him, otherwise I'd try it based on the opinions so far.

I'm also considering DVP organic.

Anyone have any success with their dogs?

Many thanks :o

I've been using the Artemis Fresh Mix for quite some time now and am very happy with it. I used EPH prior to that and was looking for something a little more economical when EP increased their prices. Was always happy with EP though - see no changes. The girls all have clear eyes, decent coats, lots of energy and small firm poo's! :o

I have also heard good reviews for it, one of my girls wont eat dry food and the other gets the runs with any dry food. I would have tried it out possibly, but i decided to go the natural way and give the raw diet. My 3yr old has been tried on several different brands, and currently she is eating half Bonnie Adult and half raw diet and her poo is considerably smaller and quite a bit harder than when completely on dry. I am leaving her on half of each just until we can wean her completely onto the raw diet and have finished the dry food.

Good luck with it, i am sure you'll be happy with it. :o

Edited by LucyCharzie

Is that stuff safe to feed? The ingredients say Tomato Pomance (tomato skins) and Potatoes??

INGREDIENT

Chicken, Chicken meal, Turkey, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Millet, Peas, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Tomato Pomace, Potatoes, Duck, Salmon, Egg Product, Flaxseed, Natural Chicken Flavor, Salmon Oil (a source of DHA), Salmon Meal, Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Kelp, Carrots, Apples, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Dried Skim Milk, Cranberry Powder, Rosemary Extract, Parsley Flake, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, L-Carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement , Folic acid.

I think it's the tomato seeds that are toxic to dogs and, while I can't imagine raw potato being much good for dogs, cooked should be ok.

I managed to track down a small bag of Artemis Adult and fed half 'n' half last night. Today's "offerings" from Zig were much more compact :) so looking forward to when he's eating it all the time. Unfortunately, my local supplier also sells rabbits, guinea pigs etc :eek: and I was not impressed so will be buying it on line from now on. Fortunately I can get free delivery :laugh: