50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some amazing shots there from everyone! I almost feel like I don't belong here! :laugh:

When we went overseas this year I impulse bought a 50mm 1.8 lense at Singapore airport (it was too good a price to resist :cheer: ); lucky I did because there were many places (museums and such) were you couldn't use a flash. However I was particularly please with this one. This shot was taken in St Stephens Basilica in Budapest; I just love the way the light falls in this picture.

Insidebasilicad.jpg

Bellatrix, your KCC is very beautiful.

This is Charlotte. Charlotte was rescued from deplorable conditions on a puppy farm. The owner now faces cruelty charges. I won't go into where this revolting place was, but she was adopted last year from an RSPCA foster carer and now lives with my mother. She won't look at you and if you get too close to her, she runs away. She will let you give her a scratch under the chin and around her ears, as long as you keep yourself at arm's length. If you pick her up, she will pee on you as my husband discovered! Considering how and what she was kept in, it's amazing she is now fully toilet trained. Sweet little girl.

4221838664_a46da02464.jpg

Bellatrix, your KCC is very beautiful.

This is Charlotte. Charlotte was rescued from deplorable conditions on a puppy farm. The owner now faces cruelty charges. I won't go into where this revolting place was, but she was adopted last year from an RSPCA foster carer and now lives with my mother. She won't look at you and if you get too close to her, she runs away. She will let you give her a scratch under the chin and around her ears, as long as you keep yourself at arm's length. If you pick her up, she will pee on you as my husband discovered! Considering how and what she was kept in, it's amazing she is now fully toilet trained. Sweet little girl.

4221838664_a46da02464.jpg

she has a sad wistful look about her doesn't she. If only they could talk. :thumbsup:

She does have very sad eyes. I had cornered her in the fernery annex to the house just to try and get her to sit still. The 50mm was an acceptable distance for her.

4224133571_1c9f79b376.jpg

Ripley she is so sweet.. I am so happy she now has the loving caring home they all so deserve...

Yay I can finally join the 50mm club! I bought a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 while I was OS a couple of weeks ago. I'm loving it so far, but having to focus manually is a little annoying cos I'm so damn slow at it!

This is one of only two photos that was focused properly..

Alone.jpg

I should probably practise on inanimate objects first, instead of a dog who keeps moving his head when I'm trying to focus on his eyes and a grumpy old cat.

Must not think about upgrading camera body, must not think about upgrading camera body..