A Few Questions ....

BANJOTHEBOXER

We didnt buy him from a breeder, although we tried but none around our area were not even trying to have litters till next yr sometime.

This is the problem with people not being patient enough to wait for a well bred puppy from a registered breeder - must have now!

The other option would have been buying from an interstate registered breeder rather than supporting a back yard breeder...

Completely agree with Aziah there.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the problem with people not being patient enough to wait for a well bred puppy from a registered breeder - must have now!

The other option would have been buying from an interstate registered breeder rather than supporting a back yard breeder...

I dont want to start an argument but who do you think you are?

I did not have 100% intention to buy my pup from a breeder, i dont see anything wrong with a "backyard breeder" as ou called it.

I was not IMPATIENT , i just didnt see the big deal in waiting for a breeder when their is nothing wrong with buying one from anywhere.

The pup was vaccinated, wormed, and micro chipped. He is in good health as i am now aware it was his food i was feeding him that was his problem.

From personal experience my aunt bought her 1st boxer from a breeder. It died a week later.

My uncle has bought all his boxers from breeders. He has had 5 in the last 23 yrs ive been around. They all died.

Not saying that its BECAUSE they were from breeders, but whats makes breeders different?

And i do not agree with buying a pup from interstate. I was always told don't pick the pup let the pup pick you. How do i know ill get a pup with a personality i like from just looking at pictures?

I actually went to see the litter i got my pup from 3 times before i decided to get him. Each time he was the one to come to me, sit next to me and not chew my hand when patted like the rest of his brothers and sisters. I had originally wanted a girl. But he won my heart.

I had also looked at 2 other litters.

I dont want to start an argument but who do you think you are?

I did not have 100% intention to buy my pup from a breeder, i dont see anything wrong with a "backyard breeder" as ou called it.

I was not IMPATIENT , i just didnt see the big deal in waiting for a breeder when their is nothing wrong with buying one from anywhere.

The pup was vaccinated, wormed, and micro chipped. He is in good health as i am now aware it was his food i was feeding him that was his problem.

From personal experience my aunt bought her 1st boxer from a breeder. It died a week later.

My uncle has bought all his boxers from breeders. He has had 5 in the last 23 yrs ive been around. They all died.

Not saying that its BECAUSE they were from breeders, but whats makes breeders different?

And i do not agree with buying a pup from interstate. I was always told don't pick the pup let the pup pick you. How do i know ill get a pup with a personality i like from just looking at pictures?

I actually went to see the litter i got my pup from 3 times before i decided to get him. Each time he was the one to come to me, sit next to me and not chew my hand when patted like the rest of his brothers and sisters. I had originally wanted a girl. But he won my heart.

I had also looked at 2 other litters.

I can see why alot of people on here are against BYBs, alot of proper breeders are breeding to better the breed ect not just to make cash or whatever the reason is with BYBs, BUT whats done is done so why have a go at someone for not buying from a breeder, at the end of the day the pup is being loved and cared for and thats all that should matter. My girl was bought from a pet shop i wouldnt have bought her if i suspected anything was wrong with her, i had the opportunity to see and interact with both parents of my pup (they belonged to one of workers). the only thing i regret about the whole thing is that she doesnt have papers other than that i wouldnt swap her for the world.. pups are going to be bought either way they may aswell go to caring owners..

pups are going to be bought either way they may aswell go to caring owners..

My point exactly, i am actually a bit surprised. I expected to get slammed for not adopting my pup from a rescue or pound.

And they will continue to breed to sell their pups just for the money cause people keep buying them..... If the sire drops dead of heart failure they can always get another.

Not saying that its BECAUSE they were from breeders, but whats makes breeders different

the fact they breed for quality, not quantity. They breed for the breed not because they have two dogs and decide they need some extra pocket money. They spend money on health tests for their dogs and provide you with backup support. BYBers dont and wont because its not in their financial interest and most WONT know how to fix these problems.

Most of these questions you ask are usually ones people would direct back at their breeder, and would be assisted. There is more to a puppy then a vaccination and a worm. Many people here dedicate their lives to doing the right thing by dogs so dont get angry when they make a comment about you not waiting for a puppy from a reg breeder.

As already said reg breeders health test.In your case neither parents where heart tested,hip/elbow scored.DNA for DM

You may be blesssed with a healthy dog BUT as already said when people keep buying they breed without doing whats best for the people taking on these pups.

Its not a case of people not trying any ethical breeder only breeds when they need pups,not for demand.They dont just breed because they can

We have a 2 yr waiting list for our dogs

We have plenty of fly by nights who have ruined our breed & brought heart ache to many families.

One question did you contact your breeders for advice with the issues at first??

Your puppy is very cute and I hope he will be ok. However, $700 is a lot to pay for a puppy from a BYB with parents who have not been health tested.

There are many wonderful people on DOL who are happy to share their knowledge and experience. Stick around and you will learn heaps. Good luck!