Anyone Heard Of Petco Or Enduro?

acm_02

Hi everyone. I am in the middle of deciding which dry food i want to give my pup and must say i have found all the posts about this topic on DOL very helpful! Anyway, at my local pet food supplier today i discovered a new brand i had not heard of or heard mentioned on here. The company is Petco and the brand is Enduro. Basically it is several different ranges of dog biscuits (covering puppy, weight, adult, active, etc). Its Aus made and owned (which ticked some boxes for me) but i dont know much else about it. One thing that has put me off is for the puppy formula the first (and therefore main?) ingredient is Wholegrain Sorghum (a type of grain) which from what ive read is not good?!?. I will post the entire ingredient list for the puppy formula:

Wholegrain sorghum, kangaroo meat and roo by products, wholegrain wheat, poultry and poultry by products, vegies and vegie by products, prime tallow, chicken digest, sodium chloride, polyunsaturated canola oil, essential vitamins and minerals premix, tocopherols (natural antioxidant vitamin E)

I dont know what half these ingredients actually are (prime tallow?) so i would really appreciate anyone who has more knowledge in this area to please share their opinion of the makeup of this food. They also have a sensitve range with no grains.

Thanks in advance

PS - im not feeding solely dry food, i am doing raw too (seperately)

Prime tallow is obtained by rendering fat and bones from various animals eg. pigs, cattle, lambs etc. It is a cheap form of fat. The food looks pretty average to me and has a lot of fillers. Personally I wouldn't use it, but that doesn't mean that your dog won't do well on it, all you can do is try it and see.

Prime tallow is obtained by rendering fat and bones from various animals eg. pigs, cattle, lambs etc. It is a cheap form of fat. The food looks pretty average to me and has a lot of fillers. Personally I wouldn't use it, but that doesn't mean that your dog won't do well on it, all you can do is try it and see.

Thanks for that. Your opinion is appreciated. I have no idea what makes a good dry dog food....i know with my own food i go for less ingredients the better, but i guess that isnt the case with kibble. I will use my free bag of Advance that comes with the pup, and also get some Royal Canin because that seems the best. But yeah i agree, trial and error, wait and see!