Tent Or Gazebo

My gazebo hasn't even looked like taking off, even survived the awful weather of Lancefield where as many others didn't. If it's really windy we just double peg it. I fitted mine inside my Getz, very cosy but still managed. Now that I have the Viva there's no issue!!!!!

I started off with a pop up family sized sun shade thingy but it gets too hot in summer (weird cause that's what it's designed for). If it's just me and one dog going to a trial/show I tend to try to borrow some umbrellas, one for the trolley and one for me!

What about an umbrella tent?

I'll have my gazebo with me on Sat if you want to check it out LP.

We have a gazebo. Best thing we ever got. Have noticed a few tents at shows, but feel that you would be isolated...I like Gazebos because they seem to be more inviting...you can make eye contact, whereas with tents you have to peer through the netting...

I love my compact oztrail, and agree when windy i dont ever put sides up, when we were at the agility nationals in August this year we had 4 compacts set up, all pegged and secured, when the storm hit we lost 2/4 (completed trashed) along with another large borrowed heavy duty gazebo, part of the problem was these had sides up so the wind got in underneath.

But apart from that i wouldnt part with my gazebo for anything !

I love my compact oztrail, and agree when windy i dont ever put sides up, when we were at the agility nationals in August this year we had 4 compacts set up, all pegged and secured, when the storm hit we lost 2/4 (completed trashed) along with another large borrowed heavy duty gazebo, part of the problem was these had sides up so the wind got in underneath.

Interesting - the guys at the store said to put the sides up to stop the wind from coming in and getting underneath :thumbsup:

Either way - I think I'm going the Gazebo :thumbsup:

... the guys at the store said to put the sides up to stop the wind from coming in and getting underneath :love:

Yes - that is what you do, LP. Putting the sides on makes a considerable difference towards reducing the affect of the wind coming up underneath the roof.

Interesting - the guys at the store said to put the sides up to stop the wind from coming in and getting underneath :love:

Either way - I think I'm going the Gazebo :rofl:

After the damage that i saw at the nats i would never put the sides up again in conditions like that, the wind got in and couldnt get out so created a balloon type effect up and airborne.....wasnt good when two of them crashed into the dog crates with dogs in them :rofl: . When you are fighting these things against your legs to rescue dogs you think twice about using all sides.

We also went to Bathurst and a friend and i (ours survived the nats) put these up and we had some rather wild and windy conditions on the saturday, her sides where up (mine wernt as my dog trailer was underneathe mine) and her gazebo was being hammered we removed the sides and much much better

Sides are good when it is windy (but not super strong wind) but not all sides up at once and always good to monitor the conditions, i usually use my sides for rain and or sun. I have found the Mesh type tarps you can buy from clean run are wanderful as the wind goes through them and they are brilliant for keeping the extreme sun out.

I wouldnt change my compact for anything but i have become wiser in what i use with it in certain conditions.

Edited by Tailwag

Thanks Tailwag -I will keep that in mind... though if I had winds like at the Nat's (which I will since I live there!) I think I'll either drop the gazebo down or pack it away :love:

Were the sides blocking the wind from coming in, or trapping the wind *in* the gazebo?!

Thanks Tailwag -I will keep that in mind... though if I had winds like at the Nat's (which I will since I live there!) I think I'll either drop the gazebo down or pack it away :thumbsup:

Were the sides blocking the wind from coming in, or trapping the wind *in* the gazebo?!

Funny enough it did both, whilst the wind wasnt too strong it kept it out, all and good, but when the wind picked up and the storm hit these things were thrown about like you wouldnt believe, so the wind got in and no couldnt get out. These tho had all sides on, the one that survived only had one side up and they managed to grab it as it lifted, the other not so lucky. And damn scary to watch :thumbsup:

Mine i packed up when i saw the storm coming :thumbsup:, it was really weird thing to watch as it all happened in slo mo.....a lady actaully got hit in the head with hers (she was ok), not something i would like to experience again.

So yes they are great, yes they have to be pegged, yes they can have their sides up, but as mentioned i would monitor the wind and conditions and either remove sides and or drop the gazebo :thumbsup: and the compact definitely the way to go :thumbsup:

My Oztrail Compact had its first run on Saturday. Nearly got it up by myself without too much drama but then a friend showed up and gave me a hand. Can see that I could get it done alone pretty easy once I get the hang of it.

I had it set up with one wall for early morning and later arvo sun block and found it really good. :)