Festive Photo Challenge

ruthless

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

3086273032_d91235bfae.jpg

Oh that is just too cute for words!!

Vickie you are so right about photoshop, how did I survive without it!! I wanna do an advanced class now, I just know the basics so far but the more I use it the better I get!!

great work tadpole - I haven't figured out how to do the diptych (or quadtych????) yet, really need to though 'cause I often can't choose between 2 similar pics that would work well together in a kinda storytelling pic. Did Abbey need encouragement to play with the santa hat or did you just throw it and it was all over? :) What is that she's playing with in the 2nd pic? looks to me like a toy wreath? where'd you get it, or did you make it?

Thanks. I only put the pics together like that because I couldn't decide on a single one and I also didn't want to upload too many. I think the border is actually wonky.. oops :)

The way I put it together was create a blank template (i have no idea what you really call it.. file maybe?) in gimp (don't have PS) then resize the pics I wanted to use and dragged them from a folder onto the template. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense!...anyway its fairly simple- the hardest thing is lining up the pics and making sure the border is even (something I evidently cannot do!).

I just threw the hat at Abbie and the pics I posted are about the only ones where she nearly caught it. Most of them are variations of the last one. She wouldn't cooperate for any 'standard' chrissy pics so I thought it would be more fun for her to catch it but all she really wanted to do was go for a walk. :):)

The thing in the second pic is a wreath that my mum made. She was less than please when she saw what I'd done with it....

Ruger- awwwww that is adorable! :)

Rocco- That pic is fantastic! Looks so professional. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Chloes Dad: I love your 2 and they've posed nicely for Christmas :thumbsup:

Well I dragged my mum around town (Katoomba) to get some Christmassy pics last night

Shop window

Picture426.jpg

Main street lights - didn't help that they put it infront of the illuminated clock - why they not think of us silly photographers? :thumbsup:

Picture417.jpg

I like your reindeer lights pic better, ruthless :rofl:

another shop window

Picture427.jpg

:rofl:

They're lovely. Katoomba looks tasteful :love: The last one's my fave :o

ETA My reindeer antlers have been sitting on the dining table for weeks waiting for me to take humiliating pics of the dogs. I think at this late stage they might just be off the hook!

Edited by ruthless