Dick Van Pattens Kibble

Guest english.ivy

If I would spend half the time of what I spent on research on the dog's diet researching what I'm eating, I would be thin, fit and healthy! :laugh:

I never had any problems with Hera but Quen can't have chicken, gets runny poos on nearly everything other than Orijen. They don't eat Artemis,... :o

Are you still feeding Orijen? Just that some cats that are getting sick were reportedly snacking on Orijen dog biscuits occasionally :laugh:

Are you still feeding Orijen? Just that some cats that are getting sick were reportedly snacking on Orijen dog biscuits occasionally :laugh:

Yes, I'm still feeding Orijen and I'm trying to buy every single bag there is before they stop distributing it. As poocow said dogs have a completly different make-up and it doesn't affect them as it did affect cats. It's the best food I ever had: the dogs love it, small poos, no farting, no runny poos and a shiny coat and my old girl even stopped shedding! :o

Guest belgian.blue

Seeing as you can only get the DVP type with chicken in Aust then I'm going to stick with Nat Cal. DVP do a lamb line in the USA so its a shame they don't import it.

ETA: You can't win!!! A google search came up with a reference to a serious melamine scare associated with DVP in 2007.

Not the organic chicken - remember that in Australia we only have that and their super premium range.

Sags

Ah, thanks Sags - it was the organic one I was looking at too :love:

As for cats vs dogs - they are not that different, although cats do have a peculiar way of processing protein. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that cats require substantially more food per kg body weight than dogs (small size, protein requiremnets etc) than anything else. All the talk is of irradiation but that is still speculation. Bloody frustrating whichever way you look at it!

Edited by The Spotted Devil