Boredom Busters

poochmad

I've just been following this thread & would like to give a few warnings in regards to some of the replys.

I have heard that pigs ears & raw hides can become stodgy & get stuck in the dogs throat.

I'm a big believer in giving dogs raw bones but be wary of the big marrow bones. I used to get them to April & she broke the top off one of her k9 teeth. The same thing happened to my son's mixed breed dog only she broke the top off 2 k9's. I don't give them any more.

An empty soft drink bottle is fine for giving the dog its dinner in it like a kong. But I would be removing the lid & plastic ring around the bottles' neck so the dog won't choke on them.

I would also not leave a dog to play with a squeaky toy unattended as they can chew out the squeaker & choke on it.

I was so happy to hear that your dog now has access to the back yard. I know many years ago when April was a puppy, my 1st pure bred dog, that I used to put a chain & padlock on the side gate so she wouldn't be stollen. Didn't need to do it with Tilba with Sooty in the yard to protect her.

A great way to keep a dog/puppy occupied when you go to work is to scatter their breakfast all over the lawn. It will take them a long time to find all the pieces. A friend does it for her dog & she says the dog searches every inch of the lawn to find each piece & when she's finished spends more time looking for any missed pieces.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I had all the toys in the world but obviously not! Luke, any other secrets you'd like to share? :laugh:

I've been away from this thread for a while!!!

Barkly's other favorite chew toys are these:

https://petsplus.com.au/pet-shop.asp?id=1212&bc=no

http://www.ozpetshop.com.au/product_info.p...sta9i4f1ra2luv6

BTW - I haven't refilled his Bouncy Bone for ages - he just likes to chew the white bits now. I actually use it as a special treat - I think if I let him have it all the time, he chew it all day!

Good to here the bouncy bone is going down a treat!

Edited by Luke W

• 2 weeks later...
I must have the only puppy in history who has never chewed anything she shouldn't. Honestly, Dusty is the BEST behaved puppy I have ever owned, or even known, for that matter. I can leave her in a room full of shoes, toys, clothes, etc and she never touches anything.

You realise you've just put those wheels in motion ...

Our staffie has been pretty good, although the only piece of furniture he has chewed with intent is the bottom stair which you see as you come in the front door. :cheer: